ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New barge - '97 328i Coupe

Had the car a couple of weeks now. Its such a different experience to the 172.

Performance wise it really isnt that different at all in terms of outright pace, it just goes about it in a completely different way.

I was orginally after a sport, but after searching for a good car every day for close to 3 months, this car popped up locally and i couldnt refuse it for the price i paid.

Its a 2-owner car currently on 62k miles with full service history to boot. The history has every reciept going and even the original spec sheets and bill of sale. The car was ordered new from Ivor Holmes BMW of Luton by a Cpt. Painter - an airline piolt for easyjet (according to a Luton Airport parking pass which dropped out of the history), theres even a lovely letter from him commending the service he recieved throughout the buying process.

It was bought completely standard, although i do have a number of plans in the works!

Changes so far include:

Full clear light swap
Black Grilles
HID dippped beam conversion
matching hid-look sidelights
K&N gen2 IK
z3m short shifter
led plate lights
bosch aerotwin wipers
installed my sony usb headunit
rear 6x9 speaker adaptors with new speakers to match

braided cutch hose yet to fit

My biggest purchase to date are these:
DSCF3355.jpg

DSCF3357.jpg

Just waiting for some tyres to turn up then they will be going on, and should alter the look of the car substantially!

Anyway, managed to throw a bucket over the bus and take some first pictures.

From this:

bmw-3-series-coupe-328i-2dr-1604712989-640x480.jpg

bmw-3-series-coupe-328i-2dr-1604713017-640x480.jpg

bmw-3-series-coupe-328i-2dr-1604713047-640x480.jpg

To this:

DSCF3361copy.jpg

DSCF3362copy.jpg

DSCF3363copy.jpg

DSCF3367copy.jpg

DSCF3368copy.jpg

DSCF3374copy.jpg

DSCF3375copy.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Great barge, the wheels will really make a difference.

OT, but a polo went past me earlier on ATS cup's and I thought of you. Wish I'd bought them.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looks nice enough :cool:

Although if you're fitting a 'braided cutch hose' make sure you remove the clutch delay valve (CDV) 1st, makes a huge difference to the feel of the car!

Also, FYI, the cheapo eBay coilovers (Raceland) i think, are well thought of in the e36 world. If you haven't already, join www.bmwowner.com, purely as a lot of the mods you are planning on doing are available cheaply through many of the members on there ...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah i want CH's..genuine too?

My mate has a 328 he's setting up as a track car. As a all round package im impressed.

e91 330d/type r mini
looks a bit bland at the moment mate but tidy with it, i know once you have finished with it it will look very nice.
will look forward to the progress on this.
oh and those wheels are my favorites so thumbs up from me :)

After close to 2 weeks waiting for tyres and fitting, at last they are on.

As aj quite rightly points out, it is now depserate for coilovers at the front. All in good time!

Anyway, a few very quick shots:
DSCF3388copy.jpg

DSCF3384copy.jpg

DSCF3383copy.jpg

DSCF3381copy.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Owen

ClioSport Admin
CH's are awesome dude, just needs some coilys. Or a couple of fat mates in the passenger seats.

e91 330d/type r mini
looking good mate, id seriously swap my csl's for a set of those as i love them.
yo going to get the sport bumpers?

Sport bumpers are the next step. Dont know if im going to try source 2nd hand ones that will inevitably be tatty or get one of the new reproduction kits and paint them myself.

Dont fancy paying the prices for a pro sprayer, and i wouldnt know who to go to either.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks superb on those wheels mate, it's not too high but will look sweet once dropped a little.

Dave just spaffed in his cornflakes!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hmm, looking at that, i think i would have waited a little more & just bought a Sport.

Especially if you're going to make it into a rep, on reps, anyway!!

My old one, now owned by a stance monkey, looks epic & was featured last month:

f6a89442.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Not doing it for me on the wheels without sport bumpers, so look forward to seeing it rep'd.

Dave, saloon wheels? I love the finish on them. Car looks mint!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Was it? No mention of that in his thread on bmwowner. What did he want for it?

Cant remember now. It was in E38. He was going to keep the wheels though iirc. Whats his forum name on other forums? I'll try and search it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hmm, looking at that, i think i would have waited a little more & just bought a Sport.

f6a89442.jpg

Does he sell drugs?

Ive seen that car about a fair bit Dave, had no idea it used to be yours. Hes got the throwing stars for sale at the moment at something like £900.

That looks excellent Jon, i'd have loved a hell red one, but could not believe how hard it was to find a nice one in any colour!

Sport bumpers and lows are coming as soon as my clio is fixed and sold.

A couple of phone pics from a recent drive out:
20110421_002copy.jpg

20110421_005copy.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

f6a89442.jpg

Awesome stuff.

Finally got some front and rear M-tech bumpers on the car. Massive improvement imo.

Also had some other little additions like the boot spoiler. Its starting to get there.

Just a couple of pics, went a bit arty farty on the first one:
DSCF3390copy.jpg

DSCF3391copy.jpg

DSCF3394copy.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Debadging and clean numberplates next?

I've got a feeling this is going to turn into a very very nice car.