ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car Abarth 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

Clio 182 cup
great cars looks great. i took my car for an mot with the magic tree on the rear view they took it of saying it was ileagal so they would love yours

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looks great. Saw one of these this morning with the other 'spidery' wheels. Looked great!

...as did the woman driving it.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
bit of a video of the exhaust setting off, sofaboy driving as he wanted a go in the little abarth
small pop at the end :cool:

good exhaust note for a 1.4T

also some funny f*****s at work did this on the laptop lol

33910_10150278850155293_582855292_15164792_5923512  _n.jpg

took my boss out for a spin in it as he was taking the piss, he now loves it lol

the abarth effect 'small but wicked'

lynden

Last edited by a moderator:
  Homo spec mazda
Il be as honest as I can here as a friend of lyndens, but also a member of CS.

Originally when I heard monkey boy was getting a fiat 500 I took the piss, a lot 24/7. After all the changes in car in the past year or so I thought it was a new pointless fad, then he put the threads up that got locked and it made even less sense as he was trying to justify it, but was digging a hole, instead of saying, im buying it because I want it, he was saying its saving money, simple fact is, he wont, but nevermind.

Then he took delivery on the friday and i saw it briefly, initial thoughts were.... Wrong wheels, and the car looks a bit noddy but quite nice.

Then We went for a small drive around, And i realised what a "nice" car it is, he had it in normal mode most of the way and it was a nice place to be, but in sport mode was capable of pushing on. The interior is a really really nice place to be, the subwoofer underseat is a nice touch, the black headlining makes it feel more special, just little touches are nice like the blue & me.

In gear pulling out of tight corners, it felt as quick as his 200, but that may be a benefit of the weight and size.

After that drive that night I was left umming an ahhing.

Originally I was going to sell my clio in december and buy a mk1 mx5, and modify it quite a lot. Then i started thinking through a 500.

So today I Went to bauermillet with dear monkey boy and took a none esseesse out, I was open minded, but didnt expect the world, Id have to "love" the car to buy it, liking it would not justify near 15k. I took out a funk white car which had red leather, making it a very nice place to be, and is an option im giving serious consideration. At first I had it in "normal" mode, the car felt quick, but quite sedate, steering was quite light and throttle response was a bit lacking, then I put sport mode on and the car sharpened up, steering wheel weighted up, throttle sharpened up/ Being egged on by the salesman I gave it some beans and 2nd to 3rd it popped, then I ended up coming out of a corner and bogging down due to traction control, so i flicked TTC on which turns traction off but activates the "e-diff" threw it around a bit more and what an amazingly fun car, such a riot, without being in license losing territory.

Now no, performance wise, it will not set the world alight, but, its such a giggle, and the looks it gets. We stopped outside a college where a group of people just stood staring at it, it really does atract attention.

Needless to say, the clio is up for sale, and I think I will be ordering soon :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Il be as honest as I can here as a friend of lyndens, but also a member of CS.

Originally when I heard monkey boy was getting a fiat 500 I took the piss, a lot 24/7. After all the changes in car in the past year or so I thought it was a new pointless fad, then he put the threads up that got locked and it made even less sense as he was trying to justify it, but was digging a hole, instead of saying, im buying it because I want it, he was saying its saving money, simple fact is, he wont, but nevermind.

Then he took delivery on the friday and i saw it briefly, initial thoughts were.... Wrong wheels, and the car looks a bit noddy but quite nice.

Then We went for a small drive around, And i realised what a "nice" car it is, he had it in normal mode most of the way and it was a nice place to be, but in sport mode was capable of pushing on. The interior is a really really nice place to be, the subwoofer underseat is a nice touch, the black headlining makes it feel more special, just little touches are nice like the blue & me.

In gear pulling out of tight corners, it felt as quick as his 200, but that may be a benefit of the weight and size.

After that drive that night I was left umming an ahhing.

Originally I was going to sell my clio in december and buy a mk1 mx5, and modify it quite a lot. Then i started thinking through a 500.

So today I Went to bauermillet with dear monkey boy and took a none esseesse out, I was open minded, but didnt expect the world, Id have to "love" the car to buy it, liking it would not justify near 15k. I took out a funk white car which had red leather, making it a very nice place to be, and is an option im giving serious consideration. At first I had it in "normal" mode, the car felt quick, but quite sedate, steering was quite light and throttle response was a bit lacking, then I put sport mode on and the car sharpened up, steering wheel weighted up, throttle sharpened up/ Being egged on by the salesman I gave it some beans and 2nd to 3rd it popped, then I ended up coming out of a corner and bogging down due to traction control, so i flicked TTC on which turns traction off but activates the "e-diff" threw it around a bit more and what an amazingly fun car, such a riot, without being in license losing territory.

Now no, performance wise, it will not set the world alight, but, its such a giggle, and the looks it gets. We stopped outside a college where a group of people just stood staring at it, it really does atract attention.

Needless to say, the clio is up for sale, and I think I will be ordering soon :)

monkey boy rofl

and yes that salesmen is a lunatic lol

it is an awesome peice of kit and really is a joy to drive in sport and pottering around town in normal mode.

you wont regret the choice.

on a side note i drove an esseeesse today, the torque low down is fantastic and the engine just feels more alive, definatly something im going to look into

lynden

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Didnt realise youd traded the meg, you didnt have it that long. 500 looks tidy dude.

320d
Sounds a damn sight better than the Meg did thats for sure. It is actually a really good exhaust note for a standard got hatch.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
thats just getting old now and tbh its boring

love the lil pop at the end of that vid ;) is that the standard exhaust then? on sport setting?

Yeh that's in sport mode with Seb just letting off in 1st.
Sounds a damn sight better than the Meg did thats for sure. It is actually a really good exhaust note for a standard got hatch.

Yeh it sounds really good under load aswell, and on gear change you get the odd pop and crackle which sounds really cool.

SRS question. Are you going to put this one on a track? I imagine it'd be quite handy. You don't necessarily need masses of steering feedback on a smooth track, so long as it's sharp and accurate.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
SRS question. Are you going to put this one on a track? I imagine it'd be quite handy. You don't necessarily need masses of steering feedback on a smooth track, so long as it's sharp and accurate.

I aim to yes, there is a Mazda-Abarth track day at the end of the month but I can't afford that but yes I'm hoping to do a few in the new year

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks great Lynden. I see a black one every morning on the way to work - look mint, proper funky :cool:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Thanks mate, only thing that put me off a black one is that it looks abit like a normal 500 because black hides the vents in the bumpers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
its about the whole experiance, how many people actualy drive there 200 on track and a 200 non cup i hardly 'an awesome drivers car' the cup though, thats better
A standard 200 is a better drivers car. IIrc when Evo did the group test, the Fiat 500 Abarth came bottom. Below a citroen.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The 182 hardly has the best steering in the world, let's be honest. The wheel is too big and the rack is very slow. Go from any normal road car to something like an Exige. It'll make most cars feel like a trifle.
True, but given the class of car and it's age, in comparison to others at the time it had very good steering. Certainly quicker than it's replacement.

A standard 200 is a better drivers car. IIrc when Evo did the group test, the Fiat 500 Abarth came bottom. Below a citroen.

There are alot of articles you could draw his attention to however, he has had a 200. I can see the appeal, i dont think i would like the small wheel base (same as the mini) but again each to their own and also i have not driven one so may be wrong.
Performance wise, even the essessee will not touch his last 2 cars but they claim they are such a hoot. I have been in one (my mate was looking) and it is a really nice place to be interior is much nicer than the clios.

I still wouldn't mod this, lad. Fair enough, you're clearly enjoying it and that wee prick sofaboy is obviously sold as well (<3), but modding something in warranty is nuts.

Enjoy it, leave it be. OEM is the new modded. And that's coming from the ex-owner of the most modded 1.2 in the NW lol!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I still wouldn't mod this, lad. Fair enough, you're clearly enjoying it and that wee prick sofaboy is obviously sold as well (<3), but modding something in warranty is nuts.

Enjoy it, leave it be. OEM is the new modded. And that's coming from the ex-owner of the most modded 1.2 in the NW lol!
The essessesssessessssssssssssssssss kit maintains the warranty I think. Engine bits I'd go for, but would't touch the suspension. Especially if it's got the same travel issues as the Panda.

MY10 R35 GTR
How much were the optional Sabelt seats?

Look like a very nice place to sit!
NewAbarth500_Sabellt03.jpg

my old mans getting his fitted next week. Think they were a £1700 option. The local dealer cant sell them so he manged to get thm for 800 fitted

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
the saebelts seats do there job well which is to hold you in but on a long drive i can imagine they get very very uncomfy

Mk5 golf gti
bring it to oulton park on december the 3rd ;) £99 and £1 additional drivers or passengers

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
bring it to oulton park on december the 3rd ;) £99 and £1 additional drivers or passengers

£99 thats pretty f**king good, is that all day and open pitlane? i get paid on the 25th of november, i will check for places then

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Bit risky booking for december unless its last minute imo, weather could be anything! But then when you book last minute your probably looking at the higher side of £150. Catch 22 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.