ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car Abarth 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
£99 thats pretty f**king good, is that all day and open pitlane? i get paid on the 25th of november, i will check for places then
£99 + the price of insurance. For a young, inexperienced driver, in a brand new £15k car.

You'd be mad not to get insurance.

Lotus Exige, 182
£99 + the price of insurance. For a young, inexperienced driver, in a brand new £15k car.

You'd be mad not to get insurance.

Agreed, but if his policy is through greenlight that's only £50 for the day.

Re Petrol - I'd get through about 2 tanks of V-Power a day for getting to the track and back and doing 8 or so runs (with the 182). Admitedly, paying for Mr Palmer's new helicopter with one fill isn't much fun but it can't cost him more than £300 all in to do a track day in this thing?

ETA: FCS is nothing like a proper track day. You will actually be on track with people that can drive.

MY10 R35 GTR
depends on which insurace company your with. The one im with its written in my policy its £60 a day for track day cover. well worth it imo.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
depends on which insurace company your with. The one im with its written in my policy its £60 a day for track day cover. well worth it imo.

Will it affect your bonus/claims history though?

Might be worth going elsewhere, will it even be much more than that with say competition car insurance?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Might be worth going elsewhere, will it even be much more than that with say competition car insurance?

Ccc are a fair bit pricier than 50-60. But wouldn't affect your ncb.

MY10 R35 GTR

Ccc are a fair bit pricier than 50-60. But wouldn't affect your ncb.

As far as im aware it doesnt effect your NCB because your not on the road. YOU in theory paying for a track policy. My policy is with Pace Ward, and track days are £60 a day as a policy holder. For non policy holders you call up and get a quote, iirc the track day insurance as a non policy holder was 160

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Fancy having a go with the 500 big brother Coupe 20V Turbo ( Well more like granddad now ) ???

when its got the esseesse map on it yeh, i had a play with a forum member in his 172 which has been modded and on the motoroway kept with him for about 5 seconds then he started pulling away but not rapidly, should own when its esseessed lol

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Well after the Esseesse im only going to play on a moterway in 3rd gear then lol :rasp:

when its got the esseesse map on it yeh, i had a play with a forum member in his 172 which has been modded and on the motoroway kept with him for about 5 seconds then he started pulling away but not rapidly, should own when its esseessed lol

Doesnt the Esseesse map add like 0.6 secs 0-62 and it does an extra top speed of 3mph? Does it not also cost 2.5k?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A 500 Esseesse won't 'own' a 182. Not at all.

At best, it'll be even.

But my money would be on the Clio, in a straight line. And that before you get to the corners.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Doesnt the Esseesse map add like 0.6 secs 0-62 and it does an extra top speed of 3mph? Does it not also cost 2.5k?

i drove an esseesse the other day and the differnce is night and day imo

mid range torque was increased massivly and so was power, and i had 3 people in the car.

the kit costs £2750 fitted and you get:

ECU re-map to 160 hp (120 KW) at 5750 and alot more torque
284mm x 22mm perforated and ventilated front brake discs
240mm x 11mm perforated rear brake discs
High-performance front brake pads
Lowered springs that stiffen up the car by 20% and from next month koni dampers
7 x 17" ET35 alloy wheels in white or titanium (made by OZ iirc) with 205/40 ZR 17 Pirelli Pzero tyres
BMC air filter
Four tyre pressure sensors
“esseesse” badges for the engine hood and the tailgate

and you keep your warrenty so its actually quiet a good deal

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
A 500 Esseesse won't 'own' a 182. Not at all.

At best, it'll be even.

But my money would be on the Clio, in a straight line. And that before you get to the corners.

well im telling u i played with a 172 off here and on the motorway he didnt pull away at a massive rate i was sat next to him for about 6 seconds then he started to pull, no with the esseesse its even more torque and even more power

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
well im telling u i played with a 172 off here and on the motorway he didnt pull away at a massive rate i was sat next to him for about 6 seconds then he started to pull, no with the esseesse its even more torque and even more power

Of course you did.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Imo if you buying a 500 Abarth then you have to have the esseesse kit. It a no brainer.

i could also go down the route of the tmc tuning box that gives 171bhp but that would void my warrenty but i fancy the suspension upgrades and the wheels aswell

MY10 R35 GTR
suspension upgrades make the car very firm. But the seats are a much unless your a small fry. Even with the steeting wheel all the way up etc by lags are still clamped underneath the wheel. Not very comfy, turn the wheel and you hands whack off your legs. Not fun when giving it some on a country road (6ft tall)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
:eek: Thats a lot of cash as i can get a 30 BHP & 35 LB/FT gain for about £ 100 with chip / boost controller / boost gauge.

i drove an esseesse the other day and the differnce is night and day imo

mid range torque was increased massivly and so was power, and i had 3 people in the car.

the kit costs £2750 fitted and you get:

ECU re-map to 160 hp (120 KW) at 5750 and alot more torque
284mm x 22mm perforated and ventilated front brake discs
240mm x 11mm perforated rear brake discs
High-performance front brake pads
Lowered springs that stiffen up the car by 20% and from next month koni dampers
7 x 17" ET35 alloy wheels in white or titanium (made by OZ iirc) with 205/40 ZR 17 Pirelli Pzero tyres
BMC air filter
Four tyre pressure sensors
“esseesse” badges for the engine hood and the tailgate

and you keep your warrenty so its actually quiet a good deal

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
suspension upgrades make the car very firm. But the seats are a much unless your a small fry. Even with the steeting wheel all the way up etc by lags are still clamped underneath the wheel. Not very comfy, turn the wheel and you hands whack off your legs. Not fun when giving it some on a country road (6ft tall)

yeh but u get used to them and im 6 foot 3 and my hands have never hit my kness, u need to adjust your seat lol

I think lynden, what you have is a car which is far more of a rounded package then the Clio and is arguably fighting against the Cooper S more than the clio as its also (as you have said) about the total experience. Its not as driver focused imo but it certainly has other traits which the Clios lack. You also only have like 600 or 700 being made which is really cool.

For me, cost for cost you are paying what i paid for a 200+cup which if i could choose again I would always go for the Renault. You have however done the 200 thing and i think its cool you have gone for something different cos lets face it, you will probs change it next year to try another car (I am guessing a mini JCW :p).

Hang on a second, you're going to spend £2750 on upgrading your Fiat?

Didn't you buy this because you couldn't afford £600 coilovers?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
bit of an update, having the roof wrapped in black vinyl in the next few weeks, seen it on a few abarths and it looks really good.

lynden

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
bit of an update, having the roof wrapped in black vinyl in the next few weeks, seen it on a few abarths and it looks really good.

lynden

Gloss, or Matt? Could look a bit busy with the abarth decals.

Glad to see your pushing ahead with the stringent money saving effort. Have you thought about consolidating your debts into one manageable monthly repayment?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Well they did a 'sky roof' option which is a heavily tinted glass roof so It looks black and I saw one and it looks really good, I will try and find a picture

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Got any pics of one with this done?

5adb8882-0930-33cf.jpg

Although that's actually a black car wrapped White.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Gloss, or Matt? Could look a bit busy with the abarth decals.

Glad to see your pushing ahead with the stringent money saving effort. Have you thought about consolidating your debts into one manageable monthly repayment?

And gloss black

Status
Not open for further replies.