ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Ford

RB Clio 182
The manufacturers recommend caution over the first few hundred miles so that's what I do.

If it was 'run in' by them, surely they wouldn't?

When I bought my corsa nurburgring from a factory build, they told me to drive it as I would drive a 5 year old car from the off.

Some manufacturers might run them in/some might not?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I drove mine pretty hard right away from the 31 delivery miles it had on it.

Engines nowadays don't require running in like the old engines did. We now have stuff like roller rockers etc and machining tolerances are that good now that stuff doesn't need to break in like it used to. The main thing you're running in now is the rings to bore. Which lots of varied load is required, and after 25 miles all that has been done.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Unless the manufacturer specifically instructs you to stay within certain parameters what's the point?

You have a warranty if anything goes wrong either way. Modern manufacturing processes are a lot better than they used to be- get the car. Enjoy it, if there was even the chance that you could do some harm by driving it properly initially then you would be told not to at the point of sale.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Engines nowadays don't require running in like the old engines did. We now have stuff like roller rockers etc and machining tolerances are that good now that stuff doesn't need to break in like it used to. The main thing you're running in now is the rings to bore. Which lots of varied load is required, and after 25 miles all that has been done.

This is all correct, forget all the other bolo on tinternet. No mainstream engines are in anyway bench run in or similar. To get the best seal on the rings and thus the best power, varied and relatively aggressive load but not ringing it's neck.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
update and bar 1330 miles the car is getting better with MPG and the engine feeling stronger freeing up .

On thing is that the new ST200 has the same suspension as all Fiesta ST from late 2015 onwards so with a mounttune I will have a Fiesta ST 200 bar the paint badge and final drive :)

Alan

Fiesta ST3
update and bar 1330 miles the car is getting better with MPG and the engine feeling stronger freeing up .

On thing is that the new ST200 has the same suspension as all Fiesta ST from late 2015 onwards so with a mounttune I will have a Fiesta ST 200 bar the paint badge and final drive :smile:

Alan

I picked up my ST3 in white last month and I love it :D. Anymore thoughts on the 215 kit? I want to get it, but im concerned about doing it to early.

With regards to MPG mine is on 42 average since I picked it up and that seems slightly low compared to you guys?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Im the same I have non had it yet but will look at this after some more miles .

42-46 for town driving so far being gentile .

Alan

I picked up my ST3 in white last month and I love it :smiley:. Anymore thoughts on the 215 kit? I want to get it, but im concerned about doing it to early.

With regards to MPG mine is on 42 average since I picked it up and that seems slightly low compared to you guys?

Fiesta ST3
Im the same I have non had it yet but will look at this after some more miles .

42-46 for town driving so far being gentile .

Alan

Ahh okay, ill do an eco drive on the way home from work (twisty country roads and duel carriageways) and report back with what I get :up:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

On thing is that the new ST200 has the same suspension as all Fiesta ST from late 2015 onwards so with a mounttune I will have a Fiesta ST 200 bar the paint badge and final drive :smile:

Alan

It seems from what I've read that what they've done at the back makes quite a difference. Evo mag did a bit piece on it this month, they love it even more than they did before. apart from the price that is.

I picked up my ST3 in white last month and I love it :smiley:. Anymore thoughts on the 215 kit? I want to get it, but im concerned about doing it to early.

Don't be concerned, loads have it done before they take delivery. I waited 12k miles before I went MP215...not because of any concerns, but because I wanted to get used to the standard car first so that I could really feel the difference/benefit.

Fiesta ST3
It seems from what I've read that what they've done at the back makes quite a difference. Evo mag did a bit piece on it this month, they love it even more than they did before. apart from the price that is.

Don't be concerned, loads have it done before they take delivery. I waited 12k miles before I went MP215...not because of any concerns, but because I wanted to get used to the standard car first so that I could really feel the difference/benefit.

Im tempted to leave mine for now because of the same reasons Mark :up:. With regards to my mpg, I got 52 average on my drive home from work last night. I was driving like my nan mind you.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Does anybody else feel that 6th Gear is far too long? Hammer it up too 5th and then as soon as you change up its so slow to pick up after the change?

Fiesta ST3
Does anybody else feel that 6th Gear is far too long? Hammer it up too 5th and then as soon as you change up its so slow to pick up after the change?

Ive not really noticed that tbh. Ive booked in for the mountune 215 kit next tuesday which should give 6th a bit more poke.

Fiesta ST3
Yeah I wanted to wait for a bit longer but its difficult for me getting things like this done because of my work.

But im on 2 weeks holiday as of next week so I thought it was my best opportunity.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Ive not really noticed that tbh. Ive booked in for the mountune 215 kit next tuesday which should give 6th a bit more poke.
Just seems like the final gearing is really long! I too am looking at the 215 kit. What sort of price is it? As there's two on the website when I had a look.

Cheers

Fiesta ST3
I quite like the fact that the final gear is long tbh. Im booked in at Blackpool ford which is a mountune prime dealership whatever that means.

They said they would email me the price, but ive not heard anything so far. Im going to budget £700 ish I think.

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
I quite like the fact that the final gear is long tbh. Im booked in at Blackpool ford which is a mountune prime dealership whatever that means.

They said they would email me the price, but ive not heard anything so far. Im going to budget £700 ish I think.

Think my prime dealer is Liverpool Speke, how ever it just says it's a ford garage? Is that right? You'll have to let me know your thoughts once you get it.

For engine running in, way I scene people drive them at pdi ur fine mate ;) warranty covers a lot with ford anyway ;) I shud known

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Small update .

At the weekend I installed my MT intercooler and Charge pipes and hard pipe .

Lights and Bumper came off easy .

WP_20161022_13_59_56_Pro1_zpsi96wfxdd.jpg

Then removed the stock intercooler .

Next to the Mountune unit .

WP_20161022_14_35_40_Pro1_zpss4vdqnpi.jpg

WP_20161022_14_36_02_Pro1_zps08xjutqs.jpg

Charge pips and hard pipe

WP_20161022_14_39_18_Pro1_zpsq6x3fcvo.jpg

Installed

WP_20161022_15_50_28_Pro1_zpsm6gfzj6l.jpg

Intercooler installed

WP_20161022_16_23_51_Pro1_zpsvta1r2rz.jpg

All back in and a nice black look for the intercooler .

WP_20161023_13_31_37_Pro1_zpsvvomwoeh.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
At the weekend I fitted my Crossover pipe that was ok to install but a bit of a faf at times but pretty easy .

Removed the old crossover pipe taking out the headlight and coolant tank to get more room .

WP_20161204_10_03_04_Pro1_zpsj1bxdkbn.jpg

WP_20161204_10_21_26_Pro1_zpsfsx5lxhl.jpg

Old Vs new 70mm unit .

WP_20161204_10_22_41_Pro1_zps5ziv161e.jpg

WP_20161204_10_29_00_Pro1_zpsmhomhi6y.jpg

Installed .

WP_20161204_12_15_40_Pro1_zpsnxrvsxln.jpg

WP_20161204_15_14_46_Pro1_zpszc5zyu36.jpg

http://s50.photobuck...vqlzo.jpg.html]

WP_20161204_12_18_30_Pro1_zpsrtvvqlzo.gif

On a road test the pipe has increased the noise a little in a good way and the pick up is better .

Fiesta ST Stage 3
At the weekend I install my new Mountune induction box .

Removing the stock box was easy .

WP_20161119_12_38_24_Pro1_zpsr9f8m52a.jpg

WP_20161119_12_38_47_Pro1_zpsmacegiue.jpg

Then putting together the Mountune unit .

WP_20161119_12_59_29_Pro1_zpsefn45edp.jpg

Installing .

WP_20161119_13_06_38_Pro1_zpsaqwvhzto.jpg

WP_20161119_13_09_49_Pro1_zpskwabhaj8.jpg

Mounting the cold air feed .

WP_20161119_13_06_45_Pro1_zpszhpkekch.jpg

All Done and installed .

WP_20161119_14_25_56_Pro1_zpscsdenn1o.jpg

After taking for a test run the car has a little bit more throttle responsive and the induction noise is a tiny bit louder .

Alan