ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Purchase.......TVR

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Hi,
Picked this up yesterday been wanting one for many years so thought it was time to scratch the TVR itch especially with carl now having his E92 M3 i needed something quick.
Near enough a standard T350 it has Nitron shocks on it, it lives up to everything i wanted it to be. it is brilliant, just got to be ready for the big bills when the come.

15508752740_523aa21b94_h.jpg
T350_004 by adrianbarron, on Flickr

15691650471_9403c640ca_h.jpg
T350_003 by adrianbarron, on Flickr

15073636724_da3074d229_h.jpg
T350_002 by adrianbarron, on Flickr

15073595904_2a7d698b15_h.jpg
T350_005 by adrianbarron, on Flickr

15507661479_088bdf5fa9_h.jpg
T350_006 by adrianbarron, on Flickr

15074147623_ecca37cd7c_h.jpg
T350_008 by adrianbarron, on Flickr

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm more jealous of your garage than the car I think! Love the colour though, want one of these at some point!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff. Great colour for it mate. Been well looked after I assume?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Lovely stuff. Great colour for it mate. Been well looked after I assume?

Yep All the correct stamps, low mileage that all checks out, i had it checked over by TVR Power and serviced by them before the purchase, and all was good. The paint is good all over and with it being a 05 so one of the later T350's is got all the additions to it that were made through out the production phases including the sagaris boot lifter and the luggage cover/sunvisors etc

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks really nice, good luck with it...

Didn't @Waitey have one of these.Might be useful for some tips and hints,?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I cant believe the price of these.IIRC there were loads for sale between 15-20k a couple of years ago.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/tvr/t350/tvr-t350-coupe/2603254

That was part or the reason for getting one now, been watching prices for the last very years and they were starting to become to expensive, the Sagaris has started to rise past the original sale value

Lovely mate! You still got the RB Ph1?

Yep she's parked alongside in the garage you can just see a flash or RB in the last pic.
580Bhp in the garage now but in 2 really light cars.

Amazing. Absolutely love TVRs, everything about them is stupid in a good way. It's an experience just firing them up!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hi,
Picked this up yesterday been wanting one for many years so thought it was time to scratch the TVR itch especially with carl now having his E92 M3 i needed something quick.
Near enough a standard T350 it has Nitron shocks on it, it lives up to everything i wanted it to be. it is brilliant, just got to be ready for the big bills when the come.
Very nice!
How big is big??

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Very nice!
How big is big??

Could be any thing really for a full rebuild between 6k - 10k, but even for general stuff they are expensive. But I've wanted one for a long time and its not disappointed so far, the whole warm up procedure is a tad annoying mainly because it can take a while before you can actually drive the thing fast, but thats the nature of having a race car on the road.
The sound is the best bit, had to drive round the coventry ring road and the noise of the concrete walls was amazing.

http://www.powersperformance.co.uk/upgrades/36-litre-standard-upgraded-43-litre/

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Could be any thing really for a full rebuild between 6k - 10k, but even for general stuff they are expensive. But I've wanted one for a long time and its not disappointed so far, the whole warm up procedure is a tad annoying mainly because it can take a while before you can actually drive the thing fast, but thats the nature of having a race car on the road.
The sound is the best bit, had to drive round the coventry ring road and the noise of the concrete walls was amazing.

http://www.powersperformance.co.uk/upgrades/36-litre-standard-upgraded-43-litre/
Unreal.
That is such a lovely looking car Bazzon!
After I posted last night I flicked to Google and ended up on PH TVR forums reading the goss. Came across a lot of people saying the later S6 engines (or ones that have been rebuilt) tend to have a bit more life in them, I suppose if it did require a rebuild at least it's not going to need another one for a while or the resale opportunity will be good.
No TCS etc either? My kind of car!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Unreal.
That is such a lovely looking car Bazzon!
After I posted last night I flicked to Google and ended up on PH TVR forums reading the goss. Came across a lot of people saying the later S6 engines (or ones that have been rebuilt) tend to have a bit more life in them, I suppose if it did require a rebuild at least it's not going to need another one for a while or the resale opportunity will be good.
No TCS etc either? My kind of car!

There are plenty of cars out there with Rebuilds that i considered, but this car war immaculate and with a great history and if it does need a rebuild i will get it built to the spec i want it built and have it done right, people seem to get them rebuilt then put them up for sale, this rings alarm bells that they were cheap when rebuilding and are worried. Id get it done at power being only down the road and if serviced buy him its got a silly warranty with it so should be good.
Some cars don't need rebuilds if looked after well and with this being a 05 lots of the initial issues had been resolved but only time will tell.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You'll get a good rebuild for £4k. Once you get over £5k I'd be wanting a 4.3 conversion.
Sod the warm up times to an extent people are far too precious over these. Its not a complex engine.
Watch for the nitrons leaking.
Also get a JP exhaust for it now.

The prices have got retarded. I paid £17600 for one with 12k in 4 years ago!