ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 7

Evo 5 RS
Nice find, didn't see this one for sale. Most of them that have come up recently have been dogs but this one looks tidy!

Good spec, too. Similar power to what I'll be running with the 71HTA give or take 20-30 ponies.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Nice find, didn't see this one for sale. Most of them that have come up recently have been dogs but this one looks tidy!

Good spec, too. Similar power to what I'll be running with the 71HTA give or take 20-30 ponies.
Yeah the guy posted it up saying it was 'going to be for sale' so i jumped on it within minutes tbh. So so many dogs out there.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
To be fair when everyone had Clio's it was all the same wheels on those too.

#winningformula

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I love the VII shape, for me it’s the V, VII, VIII (MR only) and the IX RS/GT.

TME is good but they are banged on about so much now that the owners annoy me (excluding one) plus I owned a TME RS previously.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Prob only 1 or 2 do. The cost for performance is eye watering.

What sort of money?

I've never been in one before but I imagine they're a bit laggy what with only being a 2L when you go for a bigger turbo and power, supercharger would fix that wouldn't it?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
15-20 grand I reckon as they are twin charges and forged.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Its 10k just for the supercharger kit. On its own. For 10k+ fitting i can live with a bit of lag. Unless its a full on time attack car, there is no point at all imo.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I would think more money would be needed for that power, dry sump it kit is knocking on 8 grand.
Some Jap tax on that!

Ones for Ford Duratecs are £960 for the sump plate, pump and tank.

Evo 5 RS
15k would get you 500..ish. Depends if you want to do it properly or not. My bill came to 9K and I'm shooting for anything between 450-480. And that doesn't include parts I sourced myself like the ECU, injectors...

EDIT: Forgot you already had a Norris build - don't go too mad or everything else will start breaking :D

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
15k would get you 500..ish. Depends if you want to do it properly or not. My bill came to 9K and I'm shooting for anything between 450-480. And that doesn't include parts I sourced myself like the ECU, injectors...

EDIT: Forgot you already had a Norris build - don't go too mad or everything else will start breaking :D
I didn't ask any price questions mate, that was Jeff. I've had more builds than most, so know potential costs 😂 Plus my good friend builds EVO engines.
Anyway, which turbo have you gone for?

Evo 5 RS
I didn't ask any price questions mate, that was Jeff. I've had more builds than most, so know potential costs 😂 Plus my good friend builds EVO engines.
Anyway, which turbo have you gone for?

Ah ok.

I went with the 71HTA from Owens as didn't want to lose much in way of response

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
fbb7e2b004c8b58ed1f9283d560d7cc0.jpg

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Fit new thermostat housing gasket and o ring due to a slight leak. New upper rad pipe too to get rid of chopped up one for temp sensor.
I am fitting a PLEX USDM and running all sensors direct to ECU and then reading from CAN straight to the PLEX so removing gauges etc.

New big boy 4" intake kit too. And a Turbosmart BOV
IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1008.jpeg

And this contraption is a life saver for bleeding rads. SO good!!

IMG_1010.jpeg

Oh and all the engine bay hardware which was shitty chinese jap rusty alan shitters, i have replaced with Titanium bolts and washers.

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0946.jpeg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You have a link for that bleeding jug thing? Looks pretty cool.

Have you boost leak tested? To find the throttle body is leaking like a t**t?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
You have a link for that bleeding jug thing? Looks pretty cool.

Have you boost leak tested? To find the throttle body is leaking like a t**t?
ha, the throttle body gasket was replaced recently actually otherwise would have been top of my list. Going to boost leak test it as soon as its running. Was laggy as hell before so may be one, although i reckon it was the bov potentially.

This is the one i got. Highly recommended.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's not the throttle body gasket, thats easy to change.
It's the two seals on either side of the throttle plate shaft, absolute w*****s when the throttle plate screws won't behave.