ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car so new products needed

Mégane RS
Right i've got a Clio Dynamique s 138 on order and i want some more cleaning gear to protect and make my car look good, products that i have so far are:
Meguiars Gold class
Wash mits
AG SRP
AG EGP
AG Glass polish
P21S

I have nothing for the alloys, interior or the black bits on the bumpers. If someone can recomend me some more products to get that would be great, Thanks Vinny

106 GTi
Use the SRP and EGP on the alloys save buying another product.

Poorboys Natural Look for the interior, Autoglym Bumper car for the black exterior trim.

Mégane RS
Cheers rich, What products are out there for cleaning and protecting the alloys?

106 GTi
The protecting of the alloys will be done by the EGP. If it is a new car you should not need anything other than a wash with soap and water, a polish with the SRP and onto the EGP.

whats p21s :S sounds like this post has solved my dilemma

all though upuntill now i only polish my car with
AG SRP ive aways thought that was enough

Mégane RS
anyone reccomend a decent good wax for extreme blue? brand new colour to me lol only ever owned silver cars. i've got p21 and not a big fan off nattys blue

Renault Clio S
I'm looking to lose my wax virginity soon, so I might give the p21 a try.

is it good for metalic green do you think?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
if you can get the cg 50/50 wax its very very good for the price. im getting onyx next just ran out of 50/50

Mito Sportiva 135
is the Chemical Guys 50/50 easy to use and durable

Very easy to apply and fairly durable. Looks great though, I highly recommend it - you will not be disappointed. Even the XXX is good looks wise just doesn't last too long.

Mito Sportiva 135
Never used P21s myself but general concensus I think is 50/50 is better especially on darker coloured cars or black.

106 GTi
As above after washing stick you hand in a plastic sandwich bag and feel what the paint surface is like.

Monaco 172
how much is that swisswax stuff and how long does it last on the car? just to see if its justifyable for me.

Mégane RS
Should i use the SRP as i remember reading about not using it on a new car because of the cutting properties etc?

also can someone reccomend me some decent cloths, microfibre or whatever, to take polish off and take wax off with

Mito Sportiva 135
SRP is very mild, no worse than any new car polish that would probably have been applied by the dealer so I wouldn't worry about it mate.

To apply polished by hand I either use a German Applicator (A bit more cut) or a microfibre pad. To apply wax I use a foam pad. To remove any product by hand I use a decent microfibre towel.