ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car time bmw 140

Toureg vW Transporte
D3D64212-65D4-4AC1-A351-3E62BEDCA375.jpeg
A888DEF7-B230-489A-8CF5-6E2E0F84927E.jpeg
5E1360A3-EE4E-4506-9E34-6797B0717F01.jpeg
6A15F459-92A3-4CB2-A936-CD087FD65686.jpeg
With the 2 young kids and a dog. I have recently purchased a 2004 passat estate 4motion.
This enabled us to chop in our golf gtd which has been great just a little boring, for a bmw m140i.
A bit of a middle ground. So far so good. It won’t be used all the time. I also didn’t have the urge to spend loads more per month on a vehicle. Photos to follow.
Marry Christmas

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Please say it’s auto? Nice car. I want one so bad but cannot get the Mrs insured on one yet.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car. Tempted to sell up and get one myself. It's the thought of fuel costs that's putting me off, which defeats the point of owning one in the first place.

Toureg vW Transporte
Lovely car. Tempted to sell up and get one myself. It's the thought of fuel costs that's putting me off, which defeats the point of owning one in the first place.

To be fair it’s a third vehicle in the house so won’t be used all the time.
I’m not sure I’d want it as my only car where we live. We are in the country and the roads are pretty poor and muddy

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Shadow ed?

Nice, make sure you get the diff and a JB4.

Fuel economy isn't bad, just the small tank makes it feel worse than it is.

Toureg vW Transporte
We are ordering one of these soon! It will also be the third car in our house.

What options have you gone for? Brand new or second hand?

Brand new . As mental as it sounds they were doing 0% on m140i atm so made more sense than a second hand one.

Unfortunately for me, it was already at port so I didn’t build it. Hey ho.

It’s a shadow edition so it has a few options.
Not as well Specced as the gtd but it’s pretty good.
I’ll take some inside photos tomo

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Brand new . As mental as it sounds they were doing 0% on m140i atm so made more sense than a second hand one.

Unfortunately for me, it was already at port so I didn’t build it. Hey ho.

It’s a shadow edition so it has a few options.
Not as well Specced as the gtd but it’s pretty good.
I’ll take some inside photos tomo

0% is a cracking deal. We keep spec’ing ours to £41000 which is annoying as it’s next level up in tax/VED.

Our Golf r goes back in June so ordering m140 in March. Also going Grey, probably not shadow though as have a few different options and need to keep below 40K list price.

I really would like one of these and at only £339 a month with £2k deposit it's not crazy expensive. It would mean getting rid of the Clio track car though which I know I'd regret once the new car buzz has faded.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Id get the orange, lovely car though. Heard one on idle at the petrol station and sounded lovely

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. I've grown to really appreciate these. A mate has the 440 and he's now got the M performance exhaust on it...sounds immense. I should be getting a good go in it soon. For a slush 'box it's incedible.

Pictures? Rotating your phone 90 degrees before shooting will do actual wonders.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice! I seriously considered one of these before going for the Golf R, the discounts and finance deals BMW do on them are just insane. Engine is an absolute peach. Only reason I’ve not got one is I fancied 4WD this time round.

Toureg vW Transporte
Very nice! I seriously considered one of these before going for the Golf R, the discounts and finance deals BMW do on them are just insane. Engine is an absolute peach. Only reason I’ve not got one is I fancied 4WD this time round.
That was a concern to me. Where we are living I didn’t want a rear wheel drive car as my only one.
We’d just had a golf gtd so I wanted a change.
I’ve got a new vw transporter as a vehicle and we have a 4 motion Passat so I kind of guessed it didn’t matter.
Engine is incredible

Toureg vW Transporte
I bet once rolling these are on par with an M3/4...?
I haven’t been in one to compare ian. I haven’t had any fast cars for a little while. Young kids and big mortgages took over for a while. It certainly shoves you back in you’re seat .

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I really would like one of these and at only £339 a month with £2k deposit it's not crazy expensive. It would mean getting rid of the Clio track car though which I know I'd regret once the new car buzz has faded.
Ridiculously cheap. Mad to think the 18 year old apprentices at work could afford that easily.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its pretty good power then given its half the price.
I guess the interior is not quite M3/4 spec though.

clio 182 trophy
The new 3.0 engines are supposedly putting out 370+bhp out of the factory. Iv also heard they pull well all the way to the limiter. Could be b****cks though.

Megane R26
I've been in one of the these, so quality compared to a clio or even most German built cars. Much sideways also. Deceptively quick!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
My only concern with these would be that they would be only pretty scary on anything but a dry day !