ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car!

Clio 182
Been looking at the 182 for some time now and finally went out and bought one. Btw excuse my username i happened to have a saxo when researching the 182 a while back and was the first thing i could think of to register. None the less here she is:

182.jpg

Got 14k on the clock, the cup pack and in absolutely mint condition.

Opinions welcome

Nick

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i hope you got a fair whack of that price!
and welcome to the club

Last edited:
  Clio 182
i got a 1000 more than what my saxo is worth selling private so wasnt to bad, and yes insurance is a tad over £3k!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
18 f**k me, good lad, not many lads our age with a car like that.

good choice mate. and welcome.

BMW 330D
Good going at 18 to have a 182!
Use only decent petrol though, just have a search for whats happened on the news etc with cheap supermarket fuel!

nice1 mate, I was considering doing this aswell (buying a 182 ff with cup packs at 18) but my Dad strongly advised me not to :( lol so I'm still stook with my 1.4 :D

What dealership is that?

Ads

BG182®
looks a beauty you lucky sod lol. im 18 and would love to have one. what dealers is that. i think i was there the other week?

Clio 182
well it worked out 9k in total (as i got 1000 more than my saxo was worth) and for an 04 with only 14k on the clock i thought it was reasonable myself

Clio 172 mk2
i got a 1000 more than what my saxo is worth selling private so wasnt to bad, and yes insurance is a tad over £3k!

F**k me...and I had a moan about a quote for £600!!!!!!

I'd have to say I'd rather drive something slower than pay that kind of money...it's quick but not that quick.

Still...enjoy the car:D

LY V6 with Recaros
Congrats, enjoy the car. £3000 to insure it though, that's a hell of a lot of money! It's not just the once you have to pay it, it's every year you have to find it!

Clio 182
The only outgoing i have mind is my car bills, live for free, get feul paid for by work etc so it aint to bad for me anyway!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
£3k a year for insurance, sod that!

I guess that is City Motors in Bristol as I saw that one up SJ Cooks a while back.

I think you may kick yourself in a years time or so after spending 3k on insurance.

It's a top car, but it ain't worth £9k considering the dealer probably about £7k tops for it.

Mountune Tractor
Don't crash it! I sound old but be careful, you think your jenson button when your 18 and you really really are not. Good on you though, I was driving a 1.2 fiesta when I was your age, no danger of being jenson button in that!

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
18 with 182? nice one mate I bet your third party fire and theft 3k lol I'm 2.2k third party NAMED DRIVER LOL =D I got my 172 when i was 17 but now im just turned 18 since jan 28 tho ;) enjoy n drive SAFE!

feel free to laugh at the prices dudes lol

I guess that is City Motors in Bristol as I saw that one up SJ Cooks a while back.

SJ Cooks, that's where my 172 came from new, and was serviced there until I got it. Not to far from me then, didn't realise it was Bristol.

I think you paid £1.5k too much for the car, and £2k too much for the insurance. If I was you, I would have got a cheaper car to insure for a year or so, but it's your choice. You could have got a car that cost you £1k on insurance, and blown £2k on a month in Oz or the USA and had a wicked time, but you decided to give it to a company?!?!

Well all I can say is don't crash it.

172 ff
3K! i pay 3T, get a pass plus course under your belt it will add a year to your no claims and drop your insurance by a years worth (usually)

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R

SJ Cooks, that's where my 172 came from new, and was serviced there until I got it. Not to far from me then, didn't realise it was Bristol.

I think you paid £1.5k too much for the car, and £2k too much for the insurance. If I was you, I would have got a cheaper car to insure for a year or so, but it's your choice. You could have got a car that cost you £1k on insurance, and blown £2k on a month in Oz or the USA and had a wicked time, but you decided to give it to a company?!?!

Well all I can say is don't crash it.

There is an SJ Cooks in Weston-Super-Mare as well, but they are all part of the same group. TBH the guys at SJ Cooks in Bristol are pretty good.

Clio 182
its 3k fully comp, wouldnt spend tht much on a car and only get tpft. Quite a few from bristol soirt of area then i notice, i work in kingswood so keep a look out :thumb: