ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clio 182 owner an already not happy =(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
cheapest place to get dampers boys? the car is unsafe to drive at the mo, i go down this particular road nearly every day an its bumpy an alot of corners, doing 30mph the back end just wants to bounce out, noty slide out, its weird!

Motor factors

Jap Shed
hiya everyone, sorry to be a down in the dumps but ive just purchased a 2004 clio 182, now its got some issues with the heater fan not blowing, but sometimes it will, an even worse is i went over a grid while turning left slightly at 40mpoh an the back end just lost control , doesnt give me confidence to drive it at all, any issues regarding these areas i should know about

thank you in advance an sorry again for being misserable
My 1.6 focus handles better at speed than my 172...

clio 1.2 16valve
no diesel on road mate just something up with my car. will change shocks later an if no better will have to book it into renault

Clio 172 Cup
cheapest place to get dampers boys? the car is unsafe to drive at the mo, i go down this particular road nearly every day an its bumpy an alot of corners, doing 30mph the back end just wants to bounce out, noty slide out, its weird!

"Bounce out" - thats the very definition of a damper not doing its job, the idea is it damps the spring to ensure a car flatens out again after the suspension has been compressed. Plus don't write off the front shocks, if there down on fluid they could take grip off the rear!

But sounds like you've got a good plan now, because if that doesn't work, maybe renault could tell you if its bent? Had to suggest it mate, sorry

PS: Is it stepping out when turning in either direction? or just left/right ?

White clique
did the ESP not kick in at all, the yellow traingle dash warning light didnt come on? That should have helped a BIT but if i didnt come on thats not a good sign. I was doing around 40 around a wet corner down a country lane once and the back tyre suffered a puncture, but the ESP just about kept me on the road.

It just doesnt sound right, even on a cattle grid.

ST
Be rear shocks imo, sometimes they dont even look like they are leaking. I remember one went on my 172, proper ropey lol!!!! Felt like it was going to step out at every corner!!

My old 182 did that too...lift off on wet roundabouts...off the hook!!

arctic 182 black wheels
in regard to the blowers not working i had the same problem with mine! all fuses got checked then replaced the motor and then after paying £90 diagnostic charge (at least dik turpin wore a mask lol) they finally found out it was the resistor that had gone!!

clio 1.2 16valve
pain in the bum i know, but is there anyone who lives near me (wrexham) that could have a looky at my car, dont want to be buying struts etc if its not the cause of the problem, any help will be appreciated!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Had ago in the car today its a strange feeling back end starts to come round on you. I went around the same corner in mine an it was fine. His tires are fine i don't see a problem with them at all. Looks like it might be rear dampers but i don't think the could make it as bad as it feels. Esp etc work fine if you go in a straight line and start turning left and right the back end trys to catch the front.

PH2 172
Dampers are about £50 a corner from Renault I think?
Have you had it up in the air, are they leaking?

Give Birchdown a call, they're near Malpas not too far from you. They'll be able to tell you what the problem is, very good prices too.

clio 1.2 16valve
"FIXED" rear dampers seized solid, the car is now awesome an love it to bits!!!! thank you all for your help an input

cheers!!1