ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Cup Delivered

Clio Cup 2011
The Offer was based on the standard Spec Cup.

Sadly the more extras you spec doesn't greatly alter the residual value after 2 years. eg. a set of £900 Recaro's wont guarantee you £900 more when you sell the car.

The Price of the standard cup was massivley reduced and they offered a good residual value, therefore you are only exposed to a small percentage of the cars real value when financing it.

Whether or not i keep the car after 2 years is my choice, i can simply walk away if i wish.

I had to check the small print of the offer myself time and time again, it was just too good to be true. One of the finest handling cars ever made, looks $1M and for under £200 per month.

If the offer comes back online make the most of it.

Suzuki Jimny
I was tempted to do it, but £5800 and two years later and you have nothing to show at the end of it!

Clio Cup 2011
Look at it this way Matt, if you bought any car brand new you would loose 40% off its value in 2 years anyway. The RRP for the Clio is around £16,800 so you would end up loosing over £6000 in 2 years if you bought it outright.

Whether its acutal finance payments or simply depreciation you are flushing money somewhere. considering the warranty and breakdown cover its a no brainer for me.

You can always buy the car outright in 2 years if you wish, thats the guaranteed future value element.

GTD, Lupo
I was tempted to do it, but £5800 and two years later and you have nothing to show at the end of it!

After having a look around the forum lately and the number of 1*2s with MOT fails and things like belts and pulleys going/needing changing and 197s with gearbox issues (out of warranty). I really dont mind having nothing to show for mine considering i have had 2 simple hassle freeish!! years so far with my cup for a little over £200 a month. 1 year to go so not really sure what to get next.

Get some pic up.