ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio press release

Silver Fabia vRS

Nice to see the Start/Stop button has made it into the new version! Doesnt look too bad although Ill be waiting to see what happens with the new RS version!

"For the first time a robotised "quick-shift" gearbox commanded by paddles located behind the steering wheel will also be available." This sounds interesting.

Lots of Alfas

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 16 June 2005

The current Clio remains in production and on sale in 2 versions throughout all of next year
Any idea which versions?

"It’s not the end of Clio II as Renault will continue to produce and sell the current Clio in special edition Rush and Extreme 4 versions for the whole of 2006 as an entry level model under new Clio III."

My god, Renault have got there hands full making that look good in RS form! The current Clio doesnt look bad in standard trim (ie non RS trim), but that thing looks terrible.

182 Trophy

Think that has just made my mind up im not going to wait 4 a clio III goin to order a racing blue 182 in the next couple of months :)

dont think its that bad.

the renaultsport version will be very different...so look forward to that.

browno

ClioSport Club Member

I quite like this - and I think it may work a lot like the megane did.. Thought that was terrible when it first came out (couldnt stand the big booty!), and its slowly but surely grown on me since - especially after I had a 1.9dci scenic hire car the other week and realised how much better thought out and screwed together it was than the clio - the benefit of a newer design I guess.
Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh to judge properly...
Oh, JT - can we PLEASE have a 6 speed box in the new 192/202 please - it really could do with an extra cog to quieten it down on the motorway, which would just make it a more complete package (especially with the cruise)...
Sorry for the essay!

Good point about the look changing after youve seen it a few times. Youll be able to see it in the metal at the Donington event 10/11 September

[Edited by Jeremy Townsend on 16 June 2005 at 5:52pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 16 June 2005

Good point about the look changing after youve seen it a few times. Youll be able to see it in the metal at the Donington event 10/11 September

[Edited by Jeremy Townsend on 16 June 2005 at 5:52pm]
the RS version in the metal?

Any idea when in the summer the new cars out will it be ready for the 1st September registrations?

How long before hand can we start ordering the new RS? Any idea on price and i take it F and F discount will be the same on the new car?

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 16 June 2005

Any idea when in the summer the new cars out will it be ready for the 1st September registrations? At the moment its May/June, so ok for September

How long before hand can we start ordering the new RS? Hopefully from April Any idea on price and i take it F and F discount will be the same on the new car? No price yet

will it be built better than the 182 is, and will all the inherant problems be ironed out, you know stupid bits like exhausts failing after just 2 months, acceleration knocking etc etc

it wouldnt be a clio if they did that. its like shopping trollys with a wobberly wheel. its not that its broken, its how it was designed!!

lol

yeh but those things put of potential buyers, and they make the residuals crap too, i think it looks good, but my renault experience has put me off completely

Whilst not guessing what the RS version will look like (Im ignoring the photshops), the first thing that strikes me is that the nose is very long. Im guessing this is mostly down to crash testing and safety ratings?

I dont doubt that the RS will look great, and also drive great, but I think that little cheeky look will be lost. The classic old school, low roof, narrow body hot hatch feel will die with the curent RS Clio, and Ill be proud to own one of the last great cars in its class of all time :D

I dont think the next RS will have that cheeky yet meancing look, planted on your driveway. Itll be bigger and more grown up looking, and will probably escape many peoples gaze. Thats just my feeling anyway. I certainly dont think it will handle any better or be any faster.

Mini Cooper S sport

I actually quite like the look of it, its growing on me all the time. Cant wait to see what the RS version will look like, but itll be 2007 before I get one I should think.

Will the new version have deadlocks?

So does this mean the current 182 will end production soon and no Renaultsport Clio will be available new for nearly a year? That will create quite a gap in the hot hatch market for a while.

I wonder if this will have any effect on second hand prices for relatively new 182s, second hand will be the only choice so hopefully it will be a good thing if you need to sell.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 17 June 2005

So does this mean the current 182 will end production soon and no Renaultsport Clio will be available new for nearly a year? That will create quite a gap in the hot hatch market for a while.
Yup. When Valvers and Willys ceased production (1996/7?) there were no hot Clios for ages - nothing until the 172 came out in 2000 in fact.

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 16 June 2005

I actually quite like the look of it, its growing on me all the time. Cant wait to see what the RS version will look like, but itll be 2007 before I get one I should think.

Will the new version have deadlocks?
Yes