ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Sport Turbo

Hi,

I read in Top Gear Magazine a couple of months ago that Renault were planning on bringing out a completely new shape Clio this year and the Sport model would be 220Bhp Turbo!! Anyone have any more info on this?

Cheers,

Morbius

http://www.morbius.co.uk

Renault will bring the Clio with the same engine as the megane has on the 2005 NEW clio model. So it will be full power in a little car (approx. 1150 kg)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

havent heard anything about this.there only launching the megane 225 as far as i know.

Mk2 172

Why did they bother faffing with the "172+10", when they should have gone straight for the Clio 220?

Meg on pistonheads £6995

I think they meant Megane as well, but if you want to find the latest on any french car, search websites written in French (i.e .fr) and use the translate button (sometimes a bit gobbly gook) - most stuff is tested well before it is in the UK!

Suzuki SV1000S

I am subscribed to the evo magazine and supposedly the 0-62 is 6.4 and the top end is 153.

So in a clio you would really flyyyyy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

NO!!!

the 225bhp engine is a four pot

the v6 is a.........

Ziel Nurburgring

nah V6-rwd, turbo-fwd. Renault have never made a 4wd (Production) as far as im aware and cant see them trying it.......Keep and eye on toms posts though, hes got his fingers in all the renault pies

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 03 February 2004

nah V6-rwd, turbo-fwd. Renault have never made a 4wd (Production) as far as im aware and cant see them trying it.......Keep and eye on toms posts though, hes got his fingers in all the renault pies
rx4

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i dont think that is entirley true,it all depends on what you want the vehicle to do doesnt it.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Would make the descision of a heavy 255bhp V6 or a lighter 225 turbo a little harder.

I think if they finally did produce a turbod Clio it would leave the V6 in the dark.

A cup/lightened 172 with 200 bhp or more would already leave a Mk2 V6 in the dark on power to weight. A 225bhp with the weight of a cup would slaughter it. Anybody going to the Renaulsport track days will regularly see slightly modified cups lap faster than V6s.

Now, having said that, I love the look of the V6, the engine note must be great, they are more exclusive etc. If there was some way to shed 300Kg off the V6 or to increase its power to 300bhp, that would be a great car.

Personally, I will probably stick with the lightest clio I can get, and make it lighter+more powerful. Cant go wrong with that. If I didnt need occasional rear seats, I would go for a caterham/elise instead. Not a V6.

So,,, roll on 225bhp 2005 clio. Ill be the first UK customer!

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 04 February 2004

...If there was some way to shed 300Kg off the V6 or to increase its power to 300bhp, that would be a great car....
Already a way Philip, a throttle bodies conversion should net round about 315bhp.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I just think with the clio being a small car and generally younger drivers, a turbo would go down excellent.

I think alot of people were dissapointed that Reanult replaced the R5 gtt with a n/a engined Clio. (good in standard but hard to tune)

I own a valver but am VERY fed up with how seriously limited I am on getting more power out of it.

Suzuki SV1000S

hehe, Turbos would be great. Essex Racing do a Turbo for the clio sport engine about £2000, but has to be low boost that is the problem

grrr