ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New clutch slipping in reverse

Fuzzybubble

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Hello!

My new Sachs clutch is slipping on my 172 Cup and making a nasty smell, but only in reverse. Absolutely perfect going forwards. Is it just something I need to let bed in or is it likely I've done something wrong when putting it all back together?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Fuzzybubble

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks for replying. Can't think what I could have done to make it do that! At least it goes forward ok I guess! 😬

Fuzzybubble

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Just thought I'd follow up on this one. Turns out that I had a leaking main seal which was spraying oil onto the clutch. It wasn't just reverse the issue was occurring apparently but it was more obvious when slipping the clutch.

Anyway, wasted a perfectly good Sachs clutch and replaced with a normal one and everything is fine now, from a clutch point of view anyway 😁

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just thought I'd follow up on this one. Turns out that I had a leaking main seal which was spraying oil onto the clutch. It wasn't just reverse the issue was occurring apparently but it was more obvious when slipping the clutch.

Anyway, wasted a perfectly good Sachs clutch and replaced with a normal one and everything is fine now, from a clutch point of view anyway 😁

Guessing you fixed the rear main seal too 😅