ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New coilovers, wheels, caliper paint, rear bumper, spoiler and colour coding. :D

Hey so all of this has been building up over the past wee while. I just though I'd give a post for everyone to see. I'm loving it and the ride is still surprisingly smooth even though it's lowered around 60-70mm on the coilovers. I'll get some better pictures of the spoiler, rear bumper, etc tomorrow. I got this picture off my friends facebook!

I have centre caps for the wheels which fitted perfectly off the car but popped off when they went on the hubs! Not sure why but I'll get that sorted soonish.

Think it's lowered around 90-100mm overall when I worked it out. Coilovers give 60-70mm I believe and the wheels are on low profiles which are 30mm smaller in radius (60mm in diameter) so 90-100mm? Please tell me if you think I'm wrong since I'm not sure!

Cheers for looking! :)

459267_3526511854872_1634436875_2793505_747346929_o.jpg

P.S. Those are "R" plates not "L" plates. in NI we have to wear them for the first year after passing our test and are restricted (Hence the R) to 45mph.

Last edited:

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Looks good mate, wrong section though ;)

And as for the center caps, I had to take all the tabs off my caps and hot glue them into wheels :)

Yeah, it's a real pain in the arse, especially on the motorway. I think it's dangerous to be honest.

So you guys reckon just stick the centres on? Or should I try shaving a few cm off the depth of them?

Yeah, it really is. Everywhere! On a national speed limit and even motorways. Although my "R" plates come off in August time so yay :D

Well I try to stay at 45-50mph on the motorway but it's really easy to speed up without noticing, especially when you get tailgated; which happens a lot as an R plated driver.

Cheers guys, the wheels are BK Racing 521s, they're only 15" though! :p Here's the referb thread of them if you want a looksie? :)

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Nice to see another NI member on the site :)

Nice car bud! I see your from Craigavon, I'm from Waringstown. If you see a gold mk2 ph1 clio floating about, give us a wave :D