ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New country! New whip! (Jap content)

I remember the guy saying that thought, this is the sellers words "It's got a recurculation valve where after turning the engine off instead off pusghing it out the BOV it goes through the turbo to cool it down"

Or he was ripping into my and my very very little knowledge of turbo's...yeah it's probably that.

edit: yeah dan he said it had a GT28 turbo which I think is a ball bearing turbo.

Clio 172 Ph1
He meant coolant, I reckon,coolant is circulated through the turbo for several minutes after you have turned off. My 21 Quadra used to do it

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Or oil, more likely. That's why we always idle turbo engines before shutting them off, in order to ensure that the turbo vanes have slowed as much as possible before stopping the engine, and therefore the oil supply to the bearings.

Clio 172 Ph1
Maybe oil I suppose, not heard of electric oil pumps on "normal" cars,maybe really esoteric stuff. A couple of my Renault's have had an electric coolant pump that kicked in when turned the engine off. One wasn't turbo either!

Highly doubt it has an electric oil or coolant pump that kicks in when turned off, it's an SR20 running a GT28, not some monstrous 800bhp turbo! Don't think I've seen anybody in the SX community ever even look into it, and there's a lot of highly tuned ones.

Ugh f*cking pigs... Got a speeding ticket this morning.. And I wasn't even speeding! Ok I might have been doing 5kph over the speed limit but that's nothing, they said I was doing 15kph over! There no way I was doing 65 in a 50! Oh the perks of being young and having a decent car.

/rant

LED courtesy light (small things at the moment, no money = no mods :/ )

null_zpsa75422d8.jpg

null_zpsd1462672.jpg

null_zpsa3628256.jpg

Ugh f*cking pigs... Got a speeding ticket this morning.. And I wasn't even speeding! Ok I might have been doing 5kph over the speed limit but that's nothing, they said I was doing 15kph over! There no way I was doing 65 in a 50! Oh the perks of being young and having a decent car.

/rant

LED courtesy light (small things at the moment, no money = no mods :/ )

null_zpsa75422d8.jpg

null_zpsd1462672.jpg

null_zpsa3628256.jpg

How much is a fine over there? These things happen - take it on the chin

okay so I got my car back from the garage and its now a completely different car!

Gaz you were right about the temp sender dying, it also had a faulty fuel pump which was why it was jerking when i tried to boot it, and the stupid owner before whacked the boost right up so was over boosting which is now all sorted.

The garage also change the spark plugs (just cos they didnt look fresh) and fixed a small oil leak and the reverse light switch on the gearbox died.

Oh and I also fitted my LED dash conversion!

Didn't take too much effort, just taking the dial surround out and swapping the bulbs over, none of this soldering nonsense!

Befores:

(when I took the unit apart, there wasn't even a bulb in the left socket!)

null_zpseb3a4b46.jpg

null_zpse30228f4.jpg

Afters:

null_zps9523db98.jpg

null_zps2e08db1f.jpg

Much better! Need to clean the dial cover though, looks a bit misted up in the photo's haha

Glad to hear it's running better, sounds like you've found an OK garage too.

You working out there yet?

Not yet dude, I can't! Which is really pissing me off, I'm not allowed to do anything until I get residency. Which is a bit silly really, cos I wanna work and I want to contribute to the country and their economy, but they won't let me.

Suppose it keeps all the unwanted people out the country though...

Just gotta wait and hold out till residency!

Here's a tip:

If you see LED's going for $1 (60p) don't bother.

Don't look too bad for a dollar...

null_zpsc3842b01.jpg

Ok so here's the halogen

null_zps5d0e5f02.jpg

I'll let you guess which sides the LED...

null_zps750681c7.jpg

With both of them in

null_zps44d965c0.jpg

Here's in perspective with my SMD courtesy light.

null_zpsf21a070f.jpg

Yeah they're not that great.

Got some new ideas and plans, but NZ modifying laws are stupid. If I want an aftermarket steering wheel, I have to get it certified which costs something around £200 (yes, pounds) and then I have to have a massive sticker on the dash saying that I have a steering wheel without an airbag.

Stupid as f**k!

Not a fan on blue on black Dan, Do you want it to stand out? Could go for White or Red.

It's realllyyyy dark blue unless its in the sun, almost looks black in the shade.

It'll also go with the blue interior plans ive got lined up!

And I've also got some blue/neochrome engine bay bits planned too ;)

EDIT:

DSC02108.JPG

Last edited: