ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New country! New whip! (Jap content)

Some half decent double sided foam tape should sort you out TBH.

nah. I tried some normal double sided tape, but the pillar mount thing doesn't really touch the pillar loool.

It only really touches the pillar at the top where the most of the tape is.

Is such a bad design for a pillar mount.

Tiny weeny ickle small little update.

Got my new electronic boost gauge all wired up (used wires from the head unit harness) and managed to screw in my pillar mount rather than it being held up by tape haha.

Will eventually get a properly made pillar mount but that's money I don't have at the moment.

Also going to get a water temp gauge the same style as my boost gauge, instead of having a random gauge there that doesn't work.

Old vs new:

null_zpsa5ecbd3d.jpg

It all matches xD
(admittedly the boost gauge looks alot brighter in this pic, but it isn't so noticeable)

null_zpsf7a13c82.jpg

Also going to a dyno day this saturday, will be cool to see what she's making.

She'll only be running on 95 fuel though (that's considered premium over here) as finding 98 here is almost impossible.

Last edited:
Had the dyno day today.

Bad times.

Apparently it needs a nistune, and a boost controller, as its meant to run 7psi from factory, but its just running off wastegate pressure which is 4.6psi apparently.

Oh and I was only running 95 fuel. Need to find a petrol station that does 98 near me :/

2013-08-31155222HDR_zps9655b998.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's running an external wastegate?! Seems excessive...

Got any pics?

Sure does. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow mate.

I think the previous owner was running way more boost, but when my car had all the work done on it to get it running properly, they took out the boost controller (it was just a bleed valve type, I plan on getting an electronic boost controller somewhere down the line) so its not just running on wastegate pressure.

Reached my bandwidth limit on Photobucket for this month.

Must be popular :cool:

Anywayz got fed up of looking at this frayed/ripped bonnet heat shield so decided to rip it off and give it a clean.

9944718094_2dc0cd3d67_b.jpg

Gave it a go over with a clean microfibre.

50/50 shot lulz. Because detailer y0.

9944850373_a1b0f8c8bf_b.jpg

Then attacked it with some meguiars quik detailer.

9944752544_fdb354639b_b.jpg

Then I've got this lot.

Hopefully when I replace the gaskets when I spray the rocker covers, it'll fix the oil leak, but if that's not the cause of the oil leak, I think it's gonna be an expensive fix :/ Could just be the exhaust manifold gasket, or could be worse, piston rings.

9943630876_8324f0a7e9_b.jpg

Ok, I'm pretty sure it wont be piston rings. Cos that would be an internal problem and wouldn't create a leak and make a puddle etc.

Really hope the rocker cover gasket fixes it.

Last edited: