ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New country! New whip! (Jap content)

Grid drifts would look better and shouldn't be much more :)

Don't do them in cosmic blue in NZ though.

Rota's are really hard to get out here too!

If I get them, I think I need 5 different sets of locking wheel nuts... theft levels here are ridiculously high.

Police can't do anything when they're told about a stolen car etc. It's so bad.

EDIT: I think the ones I linked ARE drifts actually.

http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?id=2264

http://www.hyperdrive.co.nz/product/car-4-5-stud/194/grid-cosmic-blue/170580/detail

Exactly the same picture and the one of performance alloys says drift.

1.2 16v
Yeah they are, the picture doesn't look that concave, if you want more concave I'd go for 18s like.

Yeah it currently has 18's on it and the ride is so bad! Going over any type of bump is just so bad haha.

It has 255 wide tyres on the front at the moment and it rubs on full lock, so am looking to get smaller wheels to stop that too.

Can't get spacers here without a certification too which is stupid money to get done.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Keep posting mate, good thread.

What made you move to NZ, i take it you have moved with your parents? My best mate is saving up at the moment with his other half to make the move also, his other half already lived there for a year and he went out for a month to visit her. They love it over there.

f**k having a welded diff on a daily driver...

HICAS will kick in McGherk, so will grip like a motherfucker, although I did manage to get the tail out pulling away from a T junction the other day... Oops... ;)

Hydraulic handbrake loool nah I'll get the cheaper option: a drift button that just constantly pushes the button on the handbrake

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
1. You aren't chucking it hard enough. If you hit the power sideways then yes, it will sort itself out ;)

2. Hydraulic handbrakes are stronger than cable ones, and don't snap.

Keep posting mate, good thread.

What made you move to NZ, i take it you have moved with your parents? My best mate is saving up at the moment with his other half to make the move also, his other half already lived there for a year and he went out for a month to visit her. They love it over there.

Fancy making me some zebra print suede for my roof lining? ;)

Basically my dad got made redundant as an operations manager for a big company in construction (he was earning £70k+) and cos he's getting on a bit now, all the jobs he could find he'd be doing it with his eyes shut, which meant the companies hiring wouldn't take him on cos he's overqualified etc...

But he found a really good opportunity working for Fletchers in NZ (biggest construction company here) working in the rebuild for Christchurch (they had a massive earthquake 2 years ago and is still really devastated. So I just tagged along hahaha, but nah I like it out here, very different from UK (everythings so much smaller due to having not even a 10th of UK's population even though the countries are the same size) and yeah my mum came along too. She had a job working for Laura Ashley in the UK so she managed to get a transfer to work for Laura Ashley out here!

Sorry this is a really big post irrelevant to my car haha.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Basically my dad got made redundant as an operations manager for a big company in construction (he was earning £70k+) and cos he's getting on a bit now, all the jobs he could find he'd be doing it with his eyes shut, which meant the companies hiring wouldn't take him on cos he's overqualified etc...

But he found a really good opportunity working for Fletchers in NZ (biggest construction company here) working in the rebuild for Christchurch (they had a massive earthquake 2 years ago and is still really devastated. So I just tagged along hahaha, but nah I like it out here, very different from UK (everythings so much smaller due to having not even a 10th of UK's population even though the countries are the same size) and yeah my mum came along too. She had a job working for Laura Ashley in the UK so she managed to get a transfer to work for Laura Ashley out here!

Sounds great! At least the three of you are on a solid footing in terms of income. I'm sure that your parents will happily support you in the meantime anyway!

Definitely one of the places I want to visit. So tantalising close to the vastness of the Pacific for me too. Dweamy..... :)

D.

Sounds great! At least the three of you are on a solid footing in terms of income. I'm sure that your parents will happily support you in the meantime anyway!

Definitely one of the places I want to visit. So tantalising close to the vastness of the Pacific for me too. Dweamy..... :)

D.

If you do come to this part of the world, definitely let me know, would be honoured to show you around and stuff!

That goes to anyone too, really!

:)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member

Sounds great mate, enjoy your new life over there.

Yes my mate said you can travel hours without seeing people in some places. If they do go next year, me and my other half will make the trip to visit them which will be exciting, although I'm not sure how well i will cope with the flights! Ha

Sounds great mate, enjoy your new life over there.

Yes my mate said you can travel hours without seeing people in some places. If they do go next year, me and my other half will make the trip to visit them which will be exciting, although I'm not sure how well i will cope with the flights! Ha

Yeah that's true, once you're out of the city it's practically just you and the open road, you'll be lucky to see other cars!

Yeah the flights are a bit of a killer, but the flight crew do take care of you and you have the entertainment system in front of you, I think I got threw something silly like a whole series of TBBT and some other shows and a few films too haha, does get boring after a while though, just make sure you keep getting up and exercising too, being say down and not moving at all for 24 hours isn't great for the body...

Evo 8 MR
Yeah that's true, once you're out of the city it's practically just you and the open road, you'll be lucky to see other cars!

Yeah the flights are a bit of a killer, but the flight crew do take care of you and you have the entertainment system in front of you, I think I got threw something silly like a whole series of TBBT and some other shows and a few films too haha, does get boring after a while though, just make sure you keep getting up and exercising too, being say down and not moving at all for 24 hours isn't great for the body...

18 hours to Perth and that was a killer!

I bet it feels like an extended holiday seeing as you're not working yet. What's the deal with residency? How long do you have to wait and how long will it last once granted?

18 hours to Perth and that was a killer!

I bet it feels like an extended holiday seeing as you're not working yet. What's the deal with residency? How long do you have to wait and how long will it last once granted?

Yeah I went to Perth a couple years ago from UK... Not good memories on that flight... My dads diabetic, and his sugar level got too low cos he didn't eat anything for ages and he went unconscious, which freaked me & my mum out and I passed out cos I thought he was going to die and smashed my head on an arm rest as I fell. Safe to say I had a headache for a few days! Oh and they gave my dad some coca cola and oxygen and he eventually came round.

Residency's been a bit of a pain in the arse really... It's such a wierd system, you can't apply for it directly... So my dads on a work to residency visa, and what you have to do is apply for an 'expression of interest' for residency, which then immigration pick a name out of a hat and then if its yours, they invite you to apply for residency, which after you apply for and are all eligible and they want you in the country, can take like 6 months. Which sucks for me.

Once they've given it to you, you're officially a citizen of the country, so lasts forever!

Pretty cool though cos I still keep my UK citizenship so I have dual nationality or something like that... So can always come back if I wanna!

Evo 8 MR
Yeah I went to Perth a couple years ago from UK... Not good memories on that flight... My dads diabetic, and his sugar level got too low cos he didn't eat anything for ages and he went unconscious, which freaked me & my mum out and I passed out cos I thought he was going to die and smashed my head on an arm rest as I fell. Safe to say I had a headache for a few days! Oh and they gave my dad some coca cola and oxygen and he eventually came round.

Residency's been a bit of a pain in the arse really... It's such a wierd system, you can't apply for it directly... So my dads on a work to residency visa, and what you have to do is apply for an 'expression of interest' for residency, which then immigration pick a name out of a hat and then if its yours, they invite you to apply for residency, which after you apply for and are all eligible and they want you in the country, can take like 6 months. Which sucks for me.

Once they've given it to you, you're officially a citizen of the country, so lasts forever!

Pretty cool though cos I still keep my UK citizenship so I have dual nationality or something like that... So can always come back if I wanna!

Sounds a bit of a messy system but I know lots of people use NZ as a gateway to Australia because the residency system here is kept on a tighter leash so to speak but NZ citizens can come and stay as long as they like.

How many Clios do you see pottering about over there?

Sounds a bit of a messy system but I know lots of people use NZ as a gateway to Australia because the residency system here is kept on a tighter leash so to speak but NZ citizens can come and stay as long as they like.

How many Clios do you see pottering about over there?

Lol I think I've seen about 2 ph1 1.2 sheds under the name 'lutecia' and I've seen 1 sport :/ a 172 just came up for sale locally just after I bought my r33 :/ wish I had the money cos the r33 makes a s**t daily, not gonna lie! Loud, harsh ride, drinks fuel like fuuuuck. Sure is fun though!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So you might not be able to work for 3 years? Holy cow. I thought there'd be a process in place for families of working professionals that got bought over with..

Be very interesting to see what it's making as you say.

I think that 3 years is very unlucky.

We've been quoted (as such) from immigration that it could be as soon as 6 months, but more likely 9 months.

Plus because my dads a Civil Engineer working in the rebuild, he would probably be on the high priority list because they want to get the city rebuilt and up to its former glory again!

Looked stunning before the earthquakes, I bought a book about them and saw some before/afters and its so sickening/devastating :/

I've also found a good NZ performance online shop which has some good parts for the R33!

I'm mainly looking at a polished front facing inlet manifold (rather than the stupid one that goes over the engine)

And maybe a blue hose kit to tart the engine bay up a bit :D

I've also found a good NZ performance online shop which has some good parts for the R33!

I'm mainly looking at a polished front facing inlet manifold (rather than the stupid one that goes over the engine)

And maybe a blue hose kit to tart the engine bay up a bit :D

Finally found a decent online shop! Engine bay plans sound good mate, especially uprated hoses :)

Got a new boost gauge!

Bit more complicated to wire up because its an electrical one rather than a mechanical one (mechanical just requires a vac/boost line straight to the gauge, rather than a vac line to a boost sensor that all needs to be wired in)

Should be going to a friends so he can help me wire it up on sunday!

:)

(yes I've made friends hahahaha)

It's also smoked/blue LED which will work with my dash!

null_zps2e7a24f2.jpg