ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Cup 172 owner .. with short rear springs??

jonty172cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Hi,

Just bought an 52 plate 172 Cup in Monaco blue mainly for backroad hacks and track days ... really pleased with how quick the car is and how amazingly it handles :p

Took it into Helfrauds for a free safety check and they have told me mainly things I knew (front and rear disks and pads need doing and 1 front and 1 rear shock need replacing) but also one thing that was a surprise .. apparently the rear springs are "too short". Any chance they are mistaken? Anyone else ever been told something similar? Or more likely that a previous owner has monkeyed with it and fitted a wrong part?

Cheers, Jon

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome.

As above I'd be getting a second opinion regarding the springs, preferably off one of the Traders off here. Or post a picture up

I'd imagine they find something that needs changing/isn't right on every free check they do...

jonty172cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Thanks for the response ...

a) Mondial .. yes that's the one :eek:

b) gladly ... any recommendations in the Andover (north west Hampshire) area ? Google and forum searches not showing me much in the area

c) Thanks

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well worth getting it down to Dan@SJM in somerset for a proper checkover IMHO, he'll even drop you off at clarkes village for some shopping or food while he works on it so makes for a pleasant day out :)

Most of these cars do need a bit of work nowadays, but its well worth the effort as they are brilliant when working correctly :)