ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New discs fitted to slightly worn pads

182 Full Fat
Hi,

I got new pads around 3 months ago and didn't get discs changed at same time. The discs need replacement now, am I ok to fit new discs to slightly (3 month worn pads?) I'll obviously take it easy to begin with and bed the discs in properly. Just wondered peoples thoughts on this?

Exotica/MK1 Astra
depends to be honest, if your current discs are worn badly/unevenly with and grooves or ridges then your pads will mirror this and wear you new discs unevenly. Just check the condition of the worn discs to make sure the face is smooth and flat and you should be ok. If not, then change the pads, they're not expensive after all

182 Full Fat
Cheers guys, discs are pretty evenly worn, the wear indicator is still visible but I knoe another 1000 or 2000 miles they will be gone

Clio 172 Ph1
If wear indicator is still visible, why don't you drive with those discs another 2000 miles or more, and then change to new discs and pads

182 Full Fat
If wear indicator is still visible, why don't you drive with those discs another 2000 miles or more, and then change to new discs and pads

Thats a good possibility, but brakes don't feel as good as they used to, so really want to get it changed now. I expect I'll get some new pads this weekend anyway, but just wondered peoples opinions. Thanks