ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd rather eat my own elbows that sit and look at that dashboard! Looks like a cartoon aeroplane with all those gagues! lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i neeeeeed the gauges lol!

turbo boost
oil pressure
oil temp
water temp
Air Fuel Ratio

joke is i could do with fitting an exhaust gas temp gauge... which i have... just never fitted lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL wanna stroke it liquid?? see you are going jdm too :D

gauge wise... i might swap it all for a defi set-up and have the hud system they do... but for now I'm happy lol :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
gives you something to look at whilst you drive lol!!!

finished the vinyl today... will have to wait till tomorrow for pics though lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
couple pics after i have washed it ready for rotor stock tomorrow!!!

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

one of the interior
DSC_0142.jpg

will have my new spoiler tomorrow its a boot lip spoiler... next thing to get is 25mm spacers for the front...

Coming together now, dash looks much better now it's black just need the white shift and handbrake boot changing. Wish I could run with the JDM plates on mine all the time, they look so much better on them.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i know just putting them on made me want to go for a drive lol :D its been hard work but I'm glad i have done it all myself or attempted to anyway lol, gonna change the shift boots for black alcantara with red stitching we defo need a sw jdm meet lol!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Any vids of this heap running? I can't be arsed to look through all the pages.

I'm starting to warm to these cars! lol.

Evo 6, E92 320d
If you are going to get the alcantara gear shift boot don't get the ebay ones, faded really quick in my 200 so got a fresh black leather one.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
If you are going to get the alcantara gear shift boot don't get the ebay ones, faded really quick in my 200 so got a fresh black leather one.

got a roll of alcantara in black had it a couple years the old dear is gonna unstitch my white ones and make a template and then re make them for me :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Cars coming along lovely Malice! Love the Minecraft vinyl ;)

Is that plate legal on the UK roads?

not now lol its jap plates within theory you could import it and drive it without registering it for 3 months i think it is... but would be hassle i would think.....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
new spoiler fitted after i went to rotor stock yesterday

DSC_0015.jpg

fitted the spoiler today :)

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

miss's got me a new key whilst at rotor stock after i snapped my last standard one :(

DSC_0050.jpg

re fitted the front bumper to get a better fit it wasn't as high as it should be... got a MUCH better fit meaning i can lower the car a bit more and all i need then is 25mm spacers on the front and will be a MUCH better stance... thats on this months jobs along with an alarm should be at TRAX if i can get a stand pass...

Like this a lot, the vinyl sounds s**t on paper but actually looks really good on the car, breaks up all the black well.

I'm not keen on the look of that exhaust, think it would look better with a single exit, but then I don't know s**t about JDM coolness so I'm probably wrong.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I want to hate it but everytime I look at it I love it more!

mwah x

bomber will have to arrange a meet up lol!

JCC there aren't many exhausts i would swap this for... its about as jdm and rare as you can get :D plus i LOVE it lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
They are painted satin black and for now at least will be staying that way

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just installed a new alarm, fitted it myself, i have been through pretty much every wire and wiring loom in the car so i know where everything is and where to connect it anyway... wired it all up... popped the fuse in for it and bleep bleep it works lol!

sensors on doors, boot, bonnet, shock sensor, prox sensor, interior sensor... going to add window roll up and glass smash sensor to it too... oh and put a solenoid on the boot for the trunk release.

its a 2 way alarm and works really well :)

f505fcc9.jpg

tells me what part of the alarm has gone off etc and lets me turn off certain sensors etc... vibrates and does other cool s**t lol :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
fitted rear seats back in today, they cut out a lot of road noise and I'm trying to make the car a nice place to be inside and comfortable....

decided to get in the back and see what they were like lol, I'm 6'3" so its not meant for me... its possible... but not even close to comfy...

05213c80.jpg

new stuff coming soon ;)

since last post, i have fitted spacers and new coilovers after my ohlins all died and getting them rebuilt was a mental price and i had to pay to ship them to japan and back, so went with some driftworks HSD's and have to say, besides the ohlins... they are the best and most comfortable coilovers i have driven on :)

CBR1K, F21 125D
Loads of places around here that rebuild Ohlins fella.. Use them for my bike shocks too.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Wheres the red seats gone?

Just read the whole thread, wasnt aware of the work thats gone into it! I love it!

Any dyno print outs?

My only criticism is the wheels, honestly they ruin it or me, fair too small and fragile looking. They look like they should be on a tiny hatchbach like a Yaris :-/

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Buckets have gone, there were a pain to use, and live with and made it an issue to actually use it as a car rather than just a toy...

Ike I keeps saying with the wheels once I change the front tyres to. Some that are the right size it will make a big difference....

No printouts but we are doing some more mapping it he next week unlocking some more power so will get a graph then

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Been a while since I did anything in here...

Swapped the front bumper for a stock Mazda 1999 spec front bumper and splitter, was sad to see the Rmagic go as I did love it, but time for a change....

17e173bc.jpg

Did a straight swap for the bumper, splitter and lights.... The lights were chrome and I wanted them black so I stuck them in the oven to melt the glue so I could split and repaint them black.... Opened the oven and they sunk in on theirselves :( so had to order more, now have black ones on there :)

Bumper is being sprayed this week hopefully :)

At the same time of getting the bumper I also stopped off and picked up some rx8 heated and electric leather seats in red and black :)

What a complete pain they are to fit.... The rails are like 4" wider than the rx7 ones so you can't swap them over, I had to fabricate fixtures and fittings to get them in... Sooooo comfortable but a complete ball ache to get in!!!

a0985ec0.jpg

Got distracted making a rc drift car...

aba4d2ff.jpg

Got a rx7 shell....

244c4c22.jpg

And here they are together :)

2979137f.jpg