ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new engine (plus car build thread)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Nope no special chassis though there are dedicated drift chassis with front mounted motors etc... Basically a 4wd touring car a powerful motor, I run a 10t brushless setup, and drift tyres which are basically just hard plastic... That will make you drift... Something you can adjust all the camber and caster etc on is a massive help, then good shocks and soft springs... Good weight balance especially if you run lipo batteries and a fast steering servo helps... Other than that nothing else. You can go more in depth and run a counter steer setup like I do when you over drive the rear wheels so they spin faster than the fronts but nothing that's needed...

On sat I'm going to low brain drifters garage to drive it in a comp :) rc drifting has taken off pretty big over here, Japan has been going crazy on it for years and driftworks have really kicked it off here :) driftworks hq has a permanent drift rc track now :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
99 spec is painted :) no splitter on it ATM as it was painted by someone and it's all cracked so I need to sand it back and paint it properly :)

17e8e159.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
1c6f5bae.jpg

Splitter fitted needs to be painted still but it's on till I can get round to sanding it and painted

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Looks mint mate.

Roughly how much does this car owe you? You must have blown a fortune on it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Something about the shape of these I just love, possibly an itch I will need to scratch at some point.

This is a truly awesome example mind good effort.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Well I think I need a new clutch and gear box :-/ well at least a clutch :-/ argh fed up lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Dunno tbh gaz, think I might just need to bleed the clutch slave... All of a sudden clutch bite is as the bottom, peddle feels weird to press and it's hard getting it in and out of gear.... So gonna have a look later and bleed it, see where I'm at then.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Bled it, with help from the misses lol, she wasn't impressed, but seems to of fixed it, think my slave is leaking.... Or taking in air... More s**t to fix lol, will see how it goes for a couple days see if it holds.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
After the issues getting gear found out it was my clutch release fork that had snapped so stuck a new box on, much better now :)

Since then I got a das6 pro and the sonus menz kit...

Spent a couple of days between showers doing it...

Bonnet
3feb85cd.jpg

Roof
e09d2ef6.jpg

Rearbumper
703415a3.jpg

Some overall shots

077bad83.jpg

c19d472d.jpg

5dd3f2f6.jpg

039acb99.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Really like it mate. Only thing I'm really not keen on is the front plate recess, can't really tell on the iPhone but is it built into the front bumper? For me it's too rigid for the smooth lines of the car.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
As gaz said its moulded in to the bumper... Thought about removing it but it just looks weird when smooth like its got a fat lip lol, so I kept it... In person it works, my car looks so weird in pictures compared to real life lol, I'm happy with it at the moment, saving for a house so it's kind of stopped as to things to do to it, will be sticking some more wheels on at some point I think... Want 18's but house comes first unless something pops up that I have to have lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Is that outside the place where we went to look at that RX7 years and years ago?

No mate that place got done for drug trafficking lol!

All pics were on iphone lol will take some better ones when weather is better

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Was in edgware road on sat and saw one with a Japanese guy it in, dropped on the floor some Meisters and fusa's etc with curtains on the windows.... Was in love lol misses wasn't, said it looked like a window licker buss!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
No they are cool lol!! Tbh I'm thinking of getting rid of the Rex....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Was speaking to a guy at a import centre, his wife's car needed some work on it, she was driving a s15... So he gave her a cube for a couple days.... She kicked up a fuss as she said it was a ugly s**t car... She had it 2 days, the s15 came back, and she refused to give up the cube, they sold the s15 lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Oh I wouldn't sell the Rex for one lol, if I ever have kids wouldn't mind one as a kid transporter lol!!!

To be honest I don't know what I would change to, thinking m3/5 want something bigger with more comfort... And something I don't pile as much cash in to, I know I will miss it, but I'm starting to resent spending money on it, other option is to stick it in storage for a couple years then come back to it lol....

My misses can get me some amazing deals on lease cars through her work...

M5, seeing as half of CS owns an M3 for a start.

Depends if you'd miss it. I don't think I'd miss mine, but there's no S Bodies I like for sale ATM, and my other options aren't really feasible so I don't know what I'll do regards selling or keeping.