ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust and Raceland Coilovers

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Pictured below was my previous exhaust which I had fitted about 7-8months ago from a powerflow dealer. Personally the backbox was way too big for my liking, I didn't like the fact that it was on show, and the slash wasn't the best.

Photo016.jpg

So I decided to go back and get a smaller backbox, and new tip. This was the result :)

Last Friday I also had the Raceland coilover's fitted by Fred. They are a hell of alot better than the shock's I had on before. Quite bumpy but better than before, handle really well in the corners. I'm still getting a little bit of arch rub on the front's however it's expected on 17's (currently in the search for 16's).

l_5a921ba60cc14dbaad819f5f77f9e186.png

l_290ab551ddaf4c3982d4849c19cc1adb.png

l_4690f0b9cd6f45c7aa22ad44899c3257.png

l_519b56f3608d4e01af453a07834f9a15.png

Enjoy :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
^

+1... wheels are massive, but does look good... but the shocker sticker looks a bit lost, like... should it even be there?

^

+1... wheels are massive, but does look good... but the shocker sticker looks a bit lost, like... should it even be there?

Never though about 15's to be honest. I dont know what choice is out there.

Lol I dunno about the sticker, just saw it on ebay and though it was cool, harmless really

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Wheel look massive, but they do fill the arches nicely. Good lookin car you have there mate

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Never though about 15's to be honest. I dont know what choice is out there.

Lol I dunno about the sticker, just saw it on ebay and though it was cool, harmless really

Yeah harmless to have it, i know, but its more for JDM cars i think.

But 15s suit Clios a lot better... stick to the sheep wheels, they are sheep wheels for a reason, because they look the best!.... i.e Turinis, 2118s, and maybe pro race 1.2s.

Yeah harmless to have it, i know, but its more for JDM cars i think.

But 15s suit Clios a lot better... stick to the sheep wheels, they are sheep wheels for a reason, because they look the best!.... i.e Turinis, 2118s, and maybe pro race 1.2s.

True comment mate, I do love the look of 2118's, Ill ask for some photoshops, and see what happens lol.

Should get a fair few doller for these too, recently refurbed, 4 brand new toyo proxies, mint condition

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, but i can imagine what its like on 17s. Would look mint on some 16" black turinis.

Yeah ride is abit harsh but not too bad.

I think I want to do the white route again, but f*ck me they are a pain in the arse to keep clean.

Thanks cander, I didnt realise how much louder a smaller backbox would make the car though, burbles like a b**ch now though lol

Not a 320d
Ive just had mine put on (HR's), im taking it up to RS tuning for a remap at some point and he said theres a guy that sets up coils. I really want them set up properly though, corner weighted, tracking etc etc etc.

mx5
Walk past this car most days, looks much better no with the new backbox! Havent seen it since its been slammed though, from the pics it looks good.

Renaultsport Clio 182
car looks great on them wheels i think - don't look too big to me at all?

15's would def be too small i reckon. it would look like it was on skateboard wheels lol

car looks great on them wheels i think - don't look too big to me at all?

15's would def be too small i reckon. it would look like it was on skateboard wheels lol

Cheers mate :)

Lol yeah 15s are too small for my liking. Im looking to change to 16s as the ride is quite choppy and I have heard this should sort it out

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I think 17's fill the arches nicely however what happened to the renault badge sitting very high and looks lost, should be level with the Clio badge ie half way up the reg plate even when fitted with sport the Renault should be in the middle and will freshen the rear up nicely :D

Clio Sport 197 cup
how are you finding the raceland coilovers and how could they be improved if they were any imperfections

how are you finding the raceland coilovers and how could they be improved if they were any imperfections

I haven't drove a car with coilover's on before mate so I can only comment v standard setup's. The handling is a lot better, feels alot more precise, and you feel in some way mroe grounded. The ride is stiffer than standard suspension, but on normal road it's fine. I am currently on 17's though so that will effect the ride, currrently looking for 16's if anyone has any by the way...lol. Im fitting a strut later today so that should be a bonus to the setup too.

Your more than welcome to have a spin in it sometime in the future if you want dude seen as you live in W Midlands :)

Clio Sport 197 cup
Cheers Jat i have just got around too reading your reply lol and we should meet up some time and go for a cruise as your only local be good to have a look at the two cars together and little blast lol.

Lol yeah deffo dude, you know any spots where people meet? I heard GreatBridge on a sunday night is meant to be ok?

Clio Sport 197 cup
I have been their a few times but im talking about a year or so ago, but i think the polica banned it recently, not 100% sure but i think it was Mids Crusing who used to organise the meets their.