ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Exhaust Issues!

Clio Sport 182
Hi all,

I'm looking to sort myself out with a new exhaust this Saturday, I have a Scorpion 182 that's gone on a hissy fit, and one of the baffles have gone, leaving me with the most atrocious metal on metal vibration sound at both idle and higher revs.

I've been doing a bit of research on here and it seems to me that there is no particular stand out favourite exhaust. A lot of people are saying Yozzasport is a great choice, others are saying orbisound are good, and others are saying Milltek and Scorpion 192 systems.

Would anyone be willing to point out the pro's and cons of these? I really don't mind having a loud/booming exhaust - what I'm really after is a slight boost in lower torque/bhp.

Hopefully some of you guys can help me out!

Cheers,
Matt

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If i wasnt arsed about noise (unfortunatly i am :( ) i go for the yozza for the New BTM Exhaust!

Clio Sport 182
I have seen the new BTM, looks and sounds great in my own opinion! Only think that gets me about that is the cost - £500 is a little much for me to afford :( otherwise that's my first option!

Clio Sport 182
If £500 is too steep you can forget about the orbisoud. That's about a grand new IIRC.

Then that's Orbisound out of the question! Couldn't find any pricing, so I was unaware of the actual cost. I kinda guessed they would be around the average pricing £350 - £550.. My bad! I'm kinda after something unique but it makes it really difficult with a tight budget. I saw a post on here with an angle cut pipercross system, they looked nice.

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Why don't your source an original yozza system, there aroud 250-350

i love my k-tec janspeed system its not VERY noisey but enough and the car seams to respond loads better with it on, cant tell you anything exact power but no exhaust alone will add massive bhp/ torque , have a look on k-tecs website think they are £330 for a supersprint which is what i have !

Clio Sport 182
Why don't your source an original yozza system, there aroud 250-350

Are these still available first hand? I'm not too keen on the thought of a second hand, as I've not had my 182 that long, and the exhaust has already s**t on me!

i love my k-tec janspeed system its not VERY noisey but enough and the car seams to respond loads better with it on, cant tell you anything exact power but no exhaust alone will add massive bhp/ torque , have a look on k-tecs website think they are £330 for a supersprint which is what i have !

Thanks bud, I'll be sure to take a look! Has it made a big difference then?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Are these still available first hand? I'm not too keen on the thought of a second hand, as I've not had my 182 that long, and the exhaust has already s**t on me!

I cant see you having an issue with a 2nd hand yozza mate

Thanks bud, I'll be sure to take a look! Has it made a big difference then?

I think so personally , might be psycological but seams to pull better now and the noise makes you smile :D people dont mention these systems alot but i cant say nothing but good things about mine the noise is right and the power feels better !

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
How much is a good full system from front to back for a 182, or do you just go catback?

Im used to turbo cars and a full system usually costs around a thousands for a turboback system.

For example, look at the prices for the vxr nurburgring ive just sold...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...3&_nkw=nurburgring+exhaust&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Im well happy with paying half the price of that.

Depends wht you want... Starting price is circa £300 going up to around £500-£600

If I wasn't too fussed about the noise I'd go for Yozza. Just for the build quality. It's just too loud/raspy for me. I went for a new Milltek, least with new if I ever have any problems with welds etc it's under lifetime warranty...

Impreza Wagon
I'm running a Yozza (Hero's choice) and it's loud but not ear bleeding, my RS192 with decat had more of a drone!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, I run a yozza and it does sound excellent and even though I think mines about 5 years old its still absolutely mint condition, very very well built exhausts

they are loud, I run mine with a cat and under load at certain rpm's it resonates through the cabin making conversation etc difficult, but then it eases off up the rev range and takes on a lovely raspy howl to the limiter, hairs on the back of the neck type stuff :) and tbh I do most of my driving on my own, so with just you in the car its great!

Clio Sport 182
Looks like Yozza's are the strong favourite! Cheers guys - Appreciate the help.

I guess I better get round to messaging Fred at some point this weekend!

RB clio 182
I didnt know which exhaust to buy.

I ended up buying the full milltek system, as Ktec were offering it with a bit of discount if you bought it with the milltek decat aswell.

Tbh im extremely happy with it. Really well made and it sounds epic. As the manifold has a 2.5" exit, the entire exhaust is now a full 2.5" exhaust from manifold to the back.

Its has given a noticable amount of torque also in the mid/low range. With the standard system I used to find myself in the higher revs all the time, whereas now im using between 2.5 a 4k alot more for a bit of nippy driving.

At first I thought the car had got slower as I couldnt feel the 5k "kick" but it has infact smoothed the power out a bit giving more mid range.

Question: Has anyone else noticed a torque increase and less of a kick from a new exhaust ?

You cant go wrong with a milltek tbh. Cheaper than a Yozza, better fitting than an RS192, very smart looking tailpipes and a lifetime warranty....

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2140&appid=2