ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy looking at a 2011 Silverstone GP Clio with questions!

finding out soon!
Hi guys,

Thought i'd introduce my self, recently just sold my 400HP 2010 Focus RS as i was going to join the navy unfortunately for medical reasons my start date has been delayed until im fit for training in the mean time i have decided to go for a little toy for some track days and fun on weekends.

im currently looking at a 2011 clio Renaultsport 200 Silverstone GP model 15/50 19,700 on the clock extremely well looked after and an excellent example not a stone chip scratch with this car. only fault is the seat bolster is slightly worn.

they are asking for £11,495 is this a good price is it too much or about right to you guys?

i'm quite happy with the price against the car but wondered whether it was reasonable to haggle the price down. there are cups available for £2K-3K cheaper but with slightly more miles on the clock.

Also is there anything i should be cautious about with particular edition or car ie warranty stuff recalls etc?

plan is to get some cup livery on, followed by a race exhaust system, semi slicks and some track going pads and discs

attachment.php

thanks!

finding out soon!
Ah Danny such a small world! Simon mentioned yourself to me when we were discussing the car. It is the same vehicle in which it looks like tomorrow i'll be putting a deposit down regardless. i am going to see another cup tomorrow in similar condition going by pictures but little less money with a few thousand more miles on the clock. but i think im all ready sold as i told Simon today but do want to see this cup to get a good round idea of what to expect 2nd hand with these cars and pass judgement.

Hi mate. Welcome to the forum. Sounds a good plan there.

Looks lovely. I love those seats. Their amazingly comfortable too. Would love a set in mine.

You'll pay more for the Ltd edition obviously, but you'll get more when you sell it. So it doesn't really matter, if you like it get it. You won't loose much. :)

SQ5
Did he really! What a small world!

The seats are epic, so comfy too. If the other 2nd hand one your looking at isn't from a dealer I'd always suggest paying that bit extra just so you have a warranty!

finding out soon!
I think i've missed out on this one i went to put a deposit down this morning and i've been beaten to it by a chap yesterday afternoon! hes coming to view it today if he does not purchase it today im eagerly awaiting that phone call to do the deal later today.

GTD, Lupo

It's not my old one thank god.

It's a shame you might of missed it as they are lovely cars. If you do keep looking try to avoid No.44 it has a few paint issues.

With the Silverstones just keep an eye out for the paint as 3 I have looked at have all had the same issues. Damage to the paint on the wing where the headlights have been fitted where the paint was still soft and drips of clear coat on the underside of the arch lip.

They look so nice and I really do wish I still had mine.

Standard wheels with H&R springs
DSC_0454_zps48c6af11.jpg

Oz Ultras with AD08, totally transformed the car, but not so good in the wet.
DSC_0301_zpsec582601.jpg

Good luck

finding out soon!
ouch, that sounds like a story from hell! and a lot of warranty and passing the buck as well :(

i'm well gutted i missed out on this, i should of put a deposit down regardless. i wanted to see another example i picked 3 clio 197's (one of which was this one) which were in my opinion by pictures really good condition and low mileage. having seen the one today it was the Silverstone GP that just beat all of them in general wear and tear and ownership. it appears the person who put the deposit went to view it today i have no idea whether it was sold or still waiting to be seen the dealership never called me back to let me know.