ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new induction kit for RS' - proven gains

Arctic 182 + yozza
spent today with a tuner/manufacturer and a rolling road.

not giving details away yet as prototype's are yet to be completed and then proven.

the facts are:

run 1 (std) and then straight after we bolted on a prototype induction (which i had to hold up) then ran run 2.

results were a 7.5bhp gain and 8lb torque top end. was also saw a 10lb gain in the midrange!

the tuner is convinced he can see 10bhp (im not so convinced yet) but we will see.

he's going away to modify and return, to run again.

watch this space!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
LOL

Excuse my skepticism, but the ITG maxogen doesn't even get you that much of a gain. Bearing in mind ITG are a multi-million pound company with (what i'm guessing is) a fairly high R&D budget.

I'd be extremely surprised if your claimed figures are legitimate.

Arctic 182 + yozza
oh dont get me wrong. i didnt believe it either tbh!

it originally made a 8bhp peak gain. i then physically changed with the tuner each setting like air temp at time of run e.t.c to the exact same as the first run and it took it down to 7.5bhp gain!

im not advertising for him either, im merely saying 'if' there IS a proven kit out there via RR, i want one, maybe others would too!

On the engine dyno a fooking great trumpet on the end of the throttle body makes about 1.7bhp difference (average gain over 100 tests) compared to the stock airbox. I'm stuggling to see how to improve on that with a filter box to be honest. How many runs were averaged to arrive at that figure?

inferno 182cup
want!!!!! let me/us know when its ready, i know u cant give much info away but is it an inclosed cylinderical/box or open style of filter

Arctic 182 + yozza
oh only about 5 runs, like it said, it wasn't even properly fitted or only i mean i was holding it up!!

i know everyone on the forum has grown up will the spoon fed stuff of there's hardly any gains to be made so it was as big a surprise to me too.

i stood there and watched it happen, the figures were not tampered with at all during the whole period.

like i said, when a proper fitted one has been made we will be testing it again on the RR. I'll make sure we do enough runs std to get an average figure and enough with the kit to show the gains!!

Arctic 182 + yozza
Hopefully he'll deliver Matt ;)

me too, we had the bumper off, headlight out, horn out e.t.c and measured it all up so a proper job will be made and he's calling me when it's done.

i think he's round your way so i'll take you out when it's fitted. sounds bloody gorgeous!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
i know everyone on the forum has grown up will the spoon fed stuff of there's hardly any gains to be made so it was as big a surprise to me too.!
Yes but matt@TDF knows his onions lol.

I'd say 100% of the stuff he posts on here is accurate :p

Arctic 182 + yozza
Yes but matt@TDF knows his onions lol.

I'd say 100% of the stuff he posts on here is accurate :p

im not knocking anyone's opinion on it. im just letting people know what happened after today, that's all.

i have no reason to lie about the figures do i, so like i said, IF it makes gains, i'll show them as and when :)

Yeah will make more of a difference, with an Rstuner they always seem to overfuel a little so that when people do modifications to them the modifications make more of a difference power wise.

Not sure about the amount of gains said, but I did get a good gain myself on my clio with the induction setup I had.

monaco 172
im not knocking anyone's opinion on it. im just letting people know what happened after today, that's all.

i have no reason to lie about the figures do i, so like i said, IF it makes gains, i'll show them as and when :)

why is the if in captials if youve already seen it happen?

Arctic 182 + yozza
why is the if in captials if youve already seen it happen?

because the kit wasnt the finsihed kit, nor was it fitted. so i cant confirm right now that it would give those gains until it shows up on the RR after it's all fitted properly!