ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

182-racing-blue

You can walk in to an o2 store and upgrade/buy a 16gb in black on friday. Stores open at 7am, my local one does anyway.

Why on earth havent they got the 16gb in white ready for launch day?

FAIL!!!!

182-racing-blue

Mate of mine just got this email from o2 after he managed to place an order for a white upgrade.

** New Orders ** Your order is still being processed and, if accepted, should be despatched to you within the next 5 days. Any iPhone 3G orders will be delivered on or after 11th July.

He wont get the white one then, not sure if o2 were ready for the amount of hits they got, Im just gonna wait til the white one is readily available, upgrade deadline is october afterall!!!

Local O2 shop don't know what time they open on Friday. They also don't know how many they're getting in.

So, I'm going there for 8:02am (I've read somewhere that some stores open then) and just standing there.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Local O2 shop don't know what time they open on Friday. They also don't know how many they're getting in.

So, I'm going there for 8:02am (I've read somewhere that some stores open then) and just standing there.

I might go along just to point at the queue of geeks....waiting...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
anyone know if carphonewarehouse can do the upgrades in the shop or if it has to be an o2 shop??

E87 118d M Sport
my misses ordered the 8gb on the £35 pcm tarrif at 10 this morning.

get a message at half ten saying yeay, ordered the 8gb. that'l be plenty for me,

get a message at 11 saying....did i do the right thing, maybe i'll need the 16gb.

typical women! :rolleyes:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yea - Geeks FTFWTBQFH!!!!oenoeneleven!11one!

anyone know if carphonewarehouse can do the upgrades in the shop or if it has to be an o2 shop??

They can do it, yep.

you 100% sure cos if i get there friday and they cant i will come find you and slap you lol, there is a tiiiny cpwh that i got my last iphone from, (i was the first person to purchase one there on launch lol :D) so i will go to them and get the upgrade...

i need to claim on my handset insurance for my current iphone, hoping they have some still cos i want a fresh one to keep in the box and start a collection lol!!!! i feel so geeky!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just spoke to a local cpwh and they said that they are unsure untill wednesday weather they are doing the upgrades or not...

also called a local o2 store and they said that stores aren't doing the upgrades, needs to be done online or via customer services...

i spoke to upgrades earlier and they said stores will be able to do it... however this was before they ran out so maybe they changed it?

hnmmm fuxake

Citroen DS3 DSport
o2 stores will now be offering upgrades to existing iPhone customers on Friday due to the f**k up of this morning. An email was sent out this afternoon.

just spoke to a local cpwh and they said that they are unsure untill wednesday weather they are doing the upgrades or not...

also called a local o2 store and they said that stores aren't doing the upgrades, needs to be done online or via customer services...

i spoke to upgrades earlier and they said stores will be able to do it... however this was before they ran out so maybe they changed it?

hnmmm fuxake

Hmm, they are defo doing upgrades to iPhone from none-iPhone. And the post above this one seems to suggest they're doing them instore now due to the mess today.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sneeks, are you posting on macrumors?!

Seeing a 3G at the weekend kind of sealed the deal for me, I couldn't resist....order still shows as "processing" though.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive orderd with the carphone warehouse.....Dont think ill be seeing it this friday though.

If you go through quidco...Its £60 cashback :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well, I'm queuing up outside the O2 store on Friday morning.
I'll get to work at around 7:30am, then walk into town and wait.. :p

Don't forget to wear your brown corduroy trousers, knitted jumper and side parted greasy hair...otherwise they'll know you're not one of them. :p

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Actually Daz, you want to borrow my Apple Developer T-shirt so you can look uber-cool while lining up? The other geeks may want to touch you.... ;)

Actually Daz, you want to borrow my Apple Developer T-shirt so you can look uber-cool while lining up? The other geeks may want to touch you.... ;)

:eek:
Send it me?
I'd be a local legend with that on.. especially at 7:30am outside O2 for a damn phone..

The issue I have with Macrumors is.. everyone seems about 10-15 years old, and PROPER full on fanboys. They just can't see past the whole Apple thing.. Heh.

I mean, who'd get upset at not being able to pre-order an iPhone? ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Now that I know I can upgrade in store on Friday I'm not upset. The feckin o2 website didn't half piss me off today though.

Now that I know I can upgrade in store on Friday I'm not upset. The feckin o2 website didn't half piss me off today though.

I was fuming.
Even more pissed off when people I worked with, who just bought one as none-o2 customers, just went straight through the checkout process and "Thanks for your order"!

Rediculous.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Had they simply posted that the website was shagged at 9am then I'd have happily accepted that and got on with my work :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
This was posted on the o2 forum tonight:

Hello,

Thanks for your email and I'm sorry you're unable to upgrade to the new iPhone 3G.

I'm sorry but you won't be able to upgrade online, as there is a temporary fault with our online shop and you won't be able to access it.

Due to extremely high levels of demand, the O2 online shop is temporarily unavailable. We're working to restore the service, as quickly as possible. Please check our website on 10 July 2008 for more information on the availability of the iPhone 3G.

To upgrade to the new iPhone 3G, please visit your nearest O2 store on 11 July 2008 from 8:02am. We request you to reach the store earlier as demand is expected to be very high. You can also upgrade to the iPhone from Carphone Warehouse stores from 8:02am on 11 July 2008.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The issue I have with Macrumors is.. everyone seems about 10-15 years old, and PROPER full on fanboys. They just can't see past the whole Apple thing.. Heh.

I mean, who'd get upset at not being able to pre-order an iPhone? ;)

This wet your appetite Mr. Daz?

adc.gif

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I was fuming.
Even more pissed off when people I worked with, who just bought one as none-o2 customers, just went straight through the checkout process and "Thanks for your order"!

Rediculous.

Karma. That'll teach you for selling your macbook pro. :evil:

133, 182, Kangoo 182

I was fuming.

Rediculous.

Exactly the same here!

I work for an Apple Premium Reseller so you'd think everyone would own iPhones... nope, just us two web devs.

Read about pre-orders this morning and three people pre-ordered from work and when I go to do it... sold out.

Cnuts!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Where'd you get that badger?!
Do you feel all l33t walking around in it?

ADC premium membership....

I don't wear it. It's normally being worn by the clothes dummy I have with a mask of steve jobs face attached to it.

PMSL.
I was thinking the other day I wanted it back.. even had a cheeky look on eBay :p
iPhone SDK FTW!

Haha...objective C FTW!

ADC > *
Objective C certainly isn't FTW.. however, you may find some mighty Daz Software coming to AppStore near you soon! ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
ADC > *
Objective C certainly isn't FTW.. however, you may find some mighty Daz Software coming to AppStore near you soon! ;)

Objective C is FTW! It's good...

C++ is FTL! it's crap...