ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

SchwepTek™
What's this 30% deal mate?

For JL Partners, you can get a pincode via JLP intranet which you take to the o2 store with proof of working for the partnership.

JLPnet currently says this -
  • O2 Open is an offer from O2 for current Partners.
  • Partners get a free handset when purchasing O2 200 and above.
  • 30% off line rental.
  • 20% off all accessories within O2 shops.
  • £20 off a pay as you go handset over £80.

SchwepTek™
Where is this form to print off and where does it credit check you??

Have to go into a O2 store and they do it all there sop you can walk in on the release day and apparently be out in "6 minutes" with your iphone! LOL.

No guarantees of actually getting one though!

Tesla MP3 2021
lol ah right ok. I filled in one of those "register your interest" forms online but I wanna make sure im getting one....

Citroen DS3 DSport
We'll not know until o2 make an official announcement. The retail stores are giving out inconsistent information. My guess is that all models will be available on the 11th. From reading other comments online I doubt you'll get a discount on the iPhone tariff.

SchwepTek™
We'll not know until o2 make an official announcement. The retail stores are giving out inconsistent information. My guess is that all models will be available on the 11th. From reading other comments online I doubt you'll get a discount on the iPhone tariff.

O2 manager and apple store have just confirmed that iphone will be available for discount under O2 Open. :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Apple Store? I'd be surprised if they even know as they will not be selling the contract iPhone 3G.

Citroen DS3 DSport
You'll know for sure next Friday, nice result if you are able to use the discount :) If so choose the 16gb model for only £59 on the £45 per month tariff.

SchwepTek™
You'll know for sure next Friday, nice result if you are able to use the discount :) If so choose the 16gb model for only £59 on the £45 per month tariff.

I'm rly hopeing thats the case but if they only release 8gb on the day thats what i'll get as i'm impatient and cant deal with this camsung piece of crap any longer LOL. (only had 2 weeks since selling my n95 haha)

Tesla MP3 2021
I know there are a few CPW (retail) employees on here do you know if our discount applies on the iphone / tariff??

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Anyone know the options for exisitng O2 non-iphone customers to upgrade to an iphone?

Citroen DS3 DSport
All depends if you are still in contract. If not you follow the traditional upgrade path otherwise you must await the end of your existing contract.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
My O2 contract still has 5 months to run. Thought they may do a deal to get people onto the iphone and the more expensive contracts. Oh well. Will buy it On PAYG and stick my sim in it. Not worried about the data usage, and my current contract is perfect for my usage.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive heard the PAYG model wont be available on the 11th and will be avaiable later this year only the contract handsets on thev 11th.

Citroen DS3 DSport
It looks certain now that the PAYG handset will not be on sale immediately. Signs in the o2 shops simply say 'pay as you go version due later this year'.

EDIT:

Ooops hadn't noticed a reply on this page already :D

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
So now its pretty much confirmed :(

Bit gutted.....think ill have to go on contract then.

Do you think the phones will be locked to the contract Sim?

Not allowing me to use my o2 payg sim?

So now its pretty much confirmed :(

Bit gutted.....think ill have to go on contract then.

Do you think the phones will be locked to the contract Sim?

Not allowing me to use my o2 payg sim?

probably not but why would you want to pay for a contract your not going to be using...

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Just been to o2 shop in swindon. Apparently all registration of interest has been withdrawn. Its just 1st come 1st served. Deffo 8gb and 16gb out on the 11th. So i will be on their doorstep at 8.00am friday :D

SchwepTek™
Yep apparently some info got leaked so they arent taking anymore pre registrations and the time of launch also got leaked and they are now saying it will be normal shop opening time.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I saw a 3G at a party this weekend, although the owner wasn't allowed to let anybody touch or photograph it! The shiny back looks far better than the original.

Tesla MP3 2021
Woop. Just ordered mine online at o2. Will be with me on Friday. Saves me getting out of bed early lol :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
argh tried it, kept saying there was an error with my upgrade then got our upgrade store is un availible.... piece of s**t

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
shop says its still down for me??? and o2 cant do it over the phone.... im gonna get in a strop in a min lol

I don't have an iPhone currently, so not able to get the upgrade early.
Hoping my local O2 store has some in on Saturday (heh) and I can go and get one then?

I know I'm going to end up ringing them and ordering tho, and then waiting ages to get it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the upgrade for me is £159 for the 16GB, but they would want to restart my contract from now. Whereas I can (unless I'm mistaken) just go and buy one from the store for the same price (not as an upgrade) and not have to renew the contract, its a f**king joke for existing 16GB users IMHO.

the upgrade for me is £159 for the 16GB, but they would want to restart my contract from now. Whereas I can (unless I'm mistaken) just go and buy one from the store for the same price (not as an upgrade) and not have to renew the contract, its a f**king joke for existing 16GB users IMHO.

You can't get them for that price though without entering another 18 month contract?

Else, why would anyone upgrade? Heh.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

But you'd have to start a new contract...so you'd then be paying for 2 contracts....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I didn't realise you were forced into a new contract, I thought if you were an exisitng customer on an O2/iPhone contract you could just move your SIM across?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I didn't realise you were forced into a new contract, I thought if you were an exisitng customer on an O2/iPhone contract you could just move your SIM across?

Oh right, I understand, I don't know what the deal is!

I just though that you meant you could go and buy one from the shop instead. I was just pointing out that you can't walk out of the shop with it without being in a contract this time around - unlike last time around.

Seems o2 are messing upgraders about though.

Seems o2 are messing upgraders about though.

Quite the opposite.

They're basically saying, you signed an 18 month contract in November, but because a new one is out, providing you say you'll stay another 18 months from this Friday, they'll let you upgrade!

So your original contract, even though you said you would have that for 18 months, has lasted 7/8 months and you're allowed to leave that one.

Awesome really.