ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmmm the batt life on mine isnt so good... its running out in a day, i have been texting alot and had 2 or 3 convo's on the phone but the last one managed this, maybe think i might give apple a call...

Can you not access iTunes via3g then? Sitting on a train an wanted to download a track and it's havin none of it. Ghey

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
the old one always stated it needed Wifi and I'm sure they marketed/market the iTunes Store as a Wifi store. Any chance of some pics of your White iPhone Dansta? I think I'm going to cancel my order for a Black one with CPW and try my luck for a White one in London on Friday.

106 GTi
hnmmm the batt life on mine isnt so good... its running out in a day, i have been texting alot and had 2 or 3 convo's on the phone but the last one managed this, maybe think i might give apple a call...

Got 2 days out of mine from the first charge, was messing with it a fair bit though, and using it a fair bit as remote around the house.

the old one always stated it needed Wifi and I'm sure they marketed/market the iTunes Store as a Wifi store. Any chance of some pics of your White iPhone Dansta? I think I'm going to cancel my order for a Black one with CPW and try my luck for a White one in London on Friday.

will do fella.. i love it.. at work at the mo so no camera but will do tonight...

Citroen DS3 DSport
Loving the new iPhone, glad I upgraded as the Youtube browsing while on the train is now usable. Standard web browsing doesn't strike me as massively faster than Edge was but all is good.

I had wanted to buy white but when I compared both at the Apple store I prefered the black finish. It's in a case anyway so it doesn't really matter which colour I have :D

Browsing and downloading from the App Store on the way to work, they appear to be adding new stuff to that constantly.

ghey! two of my downloaded applications won't work now?? :(
they open... wait a second then close?? tried restarting it etc... no luck. any ideas?
edit..
reinstalled them :S weird

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
so did you just walk into an Apple store and get yours Dansta? or did you have to make an appointment beforehand? Did they have many?

O2 Store:

Me: "Hi, probably a stupid question..."
Them: "All out of stock"
Me: "Ok bye"
Them: "Bye"

Very hard to find them.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
O2 Store:

Very hard to find them.

im doing the same thing :dapprove: on the waiting list in my local Carphone warehouse but i doubt they will actually keep them

SchwepTek™
Anyone upgraded to knew firmware? Any good? Also my battery Is barely lasting a day with moderate usage.

so did you just walk into an Apple store and get yours Dansta? or did you have to make an appointment beforehand? Did they have many?
yeah.. just bowled in to see if it was true they had white ones... it was... queued for a bit to get to someone... then signed up and wlaked out in ten mins flat.

if you hold home... THEN press the lock button briefly the screen flashes white, anyone know what that is? lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Seems to me that CPW and O2 have only had a minimal amount between them, but Apple have the majority to sell themselves!

Bloke yesterday seemed confident they had plenty, and if I booked in Tuesday I'd get one!

Going at 4pm today though, so they best fkin have some 16giggies in for me or im going to destroy the whole apple store....!!

ok maybe not!

O2 Store:

Very hard to find them.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
here u go pal, i will need to order one also as iv never used an iphone ever, other than 5 mins in the shop!

iphonecover.jpg

106 GTi
Going to bite the bullet and try and buy a dock for it at lunchtime if they have any in stock at the local apple store.

Also need to get my Sim swapped for a 3G one at O2.

Mine fits in my old ipod dock? sits in it perfectly.
It says *this device is not made for the iPhone3G* but works fine.

fiesta 1.25
Went tc to look at the iphone yesterday.Apple had loads in stock.

Not a fan of it tbh i might stick with mine for a bit.
-The screen is yellowish compared to the old iphone
-doesnt come with dock
-doesnt seem to update the little symbol on the left to tell you if its on wifi or 3g.

Ill wait till theve solved this and brought it out on pay as you go

106 GTi
Went tc to look at the iphone yesterday.Apple had loads in stock.

Not a fan of it tbh i might stick with mine for a bit.
-doesnt come with dock
-doesnt seem to update the little symbol on the left to tell you if its on wifi or 3g.

Ill wait till theve solved this and brought it out on pay as you go

It does - shows WIFI, Edge, 3g etc.

fair enough... so just looks the same..?
IT seems to free up some of the laggyness that sometimes comes with the phonebook every now and then

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Cant believe the price of the old ones on ebay now! Stuck in my current O2 contract so cant upgrade for anothe 5 months, so thought i would pick up a version 1 on the cheap. Guess everyone else had the same idea!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The phonebook appears to be laggy when using Push services on the new iPhone. I may cancel Push for them and use it only for Cal and email.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm using MobileMe for email, contacts etc If you are not using this or Exchange server then you do not need to worry about Push.

Cube Runner is basic but good fun.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
ah b****cks, I didn't realise Apple couldn't sort existing customers out. So its only O2 and CPW for me as well.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

3G looks considerably better than the old one imho, really not sure what all the fuss is about. The old one looks harsh as compared the 3G and you only notice the colour temperature difference if you doing a side by side comparison.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The phonebook appears to be laggy when using Push services on the new iPhone. I may cancel Push for them and use it only for Cal and email.

It seems to work fine for me.....I think the servers are just getting hit hard at the moment with the whole world all playing at the same time....The bloke in the Apple store on saturday said they were selling a lot of mobileme accounts.

I'm sure in the next week it'll all settle down, the web interface seems to be running a lot quicker now.