ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New JAP Bus

LY R26 #288
Nice. I have a soft spot for these. Was it you I saw yesterday at the bodyshop round about at about mid day?

LY R26 #288
Thought so. Car caught my eye. And I remembered you saying you were getting one. Looked nice :D

LY R26 #288
How you finding it so far matey?. How would you say it compares to a 182?.

I want a Honda next!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Well I have only had it just over a week but love it to bits .

Had x 2 Ph. 1 Clio 172 and x 1 Honda Accord Type R and tbh I rate the Civic more than them .

The K20 engine is fantastic 8250 RPM red line and revs so quick and smooth and the noise past 6000 RPM is amazing .

Gearbox is amazing to the best I have ever uses very short throw and like a rifle bolt action .

Breaks very good big stopping power but not too sensitive just right .

Handling very good no body role and lots of grip .

Inside and fit and finish are another level from the Clio seats are very nice .

Looks wise i love it but other people say ( Bread Van )

The only bad point so far is the steering lacks a little feel but not as bad as people say .

I will let you have a drive and you can make your mind up ;)

How you finding it so far matey?. How would you say it compares to a 182?.

I want a Honda next!

TBF the steering is as bad as people say.

Other than that, they are good cars. I'd have one. Now, when are you boosting it?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You rate them over your ATR? I drove one with a LSD and still preferred the Accord. Maybe its me getting old and preffering the mature mans sports car.

I do like the Civics though. Oh and your engine bay looks good to me. Clean engine bays are for gays.

LY R26 #288
Sounds good to me. I like the noise they make!

Does the gearstick not feel odd in that position?

It'd be good to see what their like before making any decisions :p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Easy enough to fit an LSD?

Modify suspension to improve feel?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I have to say mine is growing on me.

At first I didn't like the numb steering and slightly unpredictable handling, the brakes and composure weren't a patch on the 197 either. However, what the Civic lacks it more than makes up for with everything else. Once you've owned the car a while the steering issue seems to fade away, as said with an induction kit alone it sounds mental. Driven properly it performs very well, with a far superior driving position and gearbox to the Clio. It's a shame the Type-R is so thirsty, but then so is the 197.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
You rate them over your ATR? I drove one with a LSD and still preferred the Accord. Maybe its me getting old and preffering the mature mans sports car.

I do like the Civics though. Oh and your engine bay looks good to me. Clean engine bays are for gays.

As a day to day yes the ATR was a little to big but an amazing car . The engine bay is much cleaner than it was and it will do for now :rasp:

Sounds good to me. I like the noise they make!

Does the gearstick not feel odd in that position?

It'd be good to see what their like before making any decisions :p

Gearstick is the best bit shifting gear feels much better more touring car i guess .

TBF the steering is as bad as people say.

Other than that, they are good cars. I'd have one. Now, when are you boosting it?

Boosting is for girls N/A is what you want with as little torque as poss ;)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
You think ?

My 220 mile a week drive is around £ 40.00 for the Civic and the 306 HDI was around £ 25.00 .

Not great but could be worst

I have to say mine is growing on me.

At first I didn't like the numb steering and slightly unpredictable handling, the brakes and composure weren't a patch on the 197 either. However, what the Civic lacks it more than makes up for with everything else. Once you've owned the car a while the steering issue seems to fade away, as said with an induction kit alone it sounds mental. Driven properly it performs very well, with a far superior driving position and gearbox to the Clio. It's a shame the Type-R is so thirsty, but then so is the 197.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like these a lot,i should do really.

The power after 70-80mph makes all the difference.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
FRSU needed to improve handling.
Drove a mates with the set up done and a drop on BCs and it felt so much better!

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
You think ?

My 220 mile a week drive is around £ 40.00 for the Civic and the 306 HDI was around £ 25.00 .

Not great but could be worst

Not awful, no. I was a little disappointed that a 2ltr N/A hatchback couldn't do better though.

LY R26 #288
Vtec ftw :) I don't suppose they have half the creature comforts a Clio has like cruise control, climate control etc. Id miss them I reckon

Fiesta ST Stage 3
This was what i was thinking . Had it between a CTR and a Clio 182 . The 182 with the toys was tempting but would i ever use cruise control and auto wipers etc .

With out a doubt i am happy i made the right choice every time the RPM goes above 6k :D .

Vtec ftw :) I don't suppose they have half the creature comforts a Clio has like cruise control, climate control etc. Id miss them I reckon

MINI-R32-integrale
Nice car, though I would say that owning one.

I found fitting the JDM rear anti-roll bar made the car much better, front end much more direct as I think the rear bar is 4mm thicker (22mm V's 18mm iirc) and can be bought from Honda if you know the part number, or there are a number of online places doing it, look to pay no more than about £100 delivered as I think thats what I paid Hendy Honda who did a group buy about 6 months back. You don't need to bother with the front JDM bar as its the same thickness, unless fitting an aftermarket JDM exhaust system as the bar gives more space as has different profile to it.

The cars are very reliant on a good alignment set up, so make sure it's set up correctly, makes a world of difference as the rear is adjustable as well as the front.

LY R26 #288
This was what i was thinking . Had it between a CTR and a Clio 182 . The 182 with the toys was tempting but would i ever use cruise control and auto wipers etc .

With out a doubt i am happy i made the right choice every time the RPM goes above 6k :D .

No chance of a swap then lol :p

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Had a 51 plate EP9 CTR in nighthawk black in 2002, loved every minute apart from the 22mpg average so Px'd with a dealer (with cash my way) after a year or so for a 6 month old 172 cup.

Totally different cars, equally quick.

CTR fairly refined, relatively comfortable, VTEC more of a shove and more addictive than VVT in the Clio, also better seats and slightly more practical with the crowning feature being the best gearbox I've ever used.

The 172 by comparison was like a tin box but one which communicated better with sharper turn in and generally a little more excitement (and 35mpg!!).

Loved them both as much as each other but chose to buy a 182 over another CTR as a fun runabout this time!!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Link to JDM anti roll bar :)

Will go on my ever growing list of parts i want .

Nice car, though I would say that owning one.

I found fitting the JDM rear anti-roll bar made the car much better, front end much more direct as I think the rear bar is 4mm thicker (22mm V's 18mm iirc) and can be bought from Honda if you know the part number, or there are a number of online places doing it, look to pay no more than about £100 delivered as I think thats what I paid Hendy Honda who did a group buy about 6 months back. You don't need to bother with the front JDM bar as its the same thickness, unless fitting an aftermarket JDM exhaust system as the bar gives more space as has different profile to it.

The cars are very reliant on a good alignment set up, so make sure it's set up correctly, makes a world of difference as the rear is adjustable as well as the front.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport

I'm not sure the Clio has the Civic licked on creature comforts tbh. Sure, you don't have to turn your lights or wipers on but the Civic is the nicer place to be for a decent journey. Plus, we have more cupholders lol.

LY R26 #288
I'm not sure the Clio has the Civic licked on creature comforts tbh. Sure, you don't have to turn your lights or wipers on but the Civic is the nicer place to be for a decent journey. Plus, we have more cupholders lol.

I understand what you mean.

I love my Clio, had it a year now and done 20k in it. But on the other hand I'd like to move on and try something different. Hmmm.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I understand what you mean.

I love my Clio, had it a year now and done 20k in it. But on the other hand I'd like to move on and try something different. Hmmm.

Don't expect the Civic to be similar to the Clio, the driving experience is very different. You may love it, you may loath it. Definitely try one though, preferably one with an induction kit so you can hear the 'kick'. :)

LY R26 #288
Yeah I only live down the road to Mr Bognor, I'll have to have a look at his when he's free.

I love the sound, and it looks like its bigger too.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Few pics after a wash and wax

012.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Plans are ...

New rear type R badge

New number plates

New mats

Grupe M or AEM CAI induction

JDM rear anti roll bar

Solid gear shift bushes

Toyo front tyers

Oil + gear box oil change / service .

That’s about it for the moment .

Nice mate, it looks like it's crying out to be modded ;)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Thought i would update this with all of the new parts that have been done last weekend . Did not take any pics so copy and past it will have to be :)

fuchs-titan-race-pro-s-5w40-oil-with-hamp-filter-355.jpg

First up was a oil and filter change . I went for the Fuchs Titan 5W-40 and HAMP oil filter
honda-mtf-3-manual-gearbox-oil-transmission-fluid-141.jpg
I also changed the gearbox oil for the Honda MTF-3 stuff this was one of the easy jobs

$(KGrHqJHJFYE88fNLvR8BPV85GnDvQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!pcE8Wfo-vZ5BPV77BMI9!~~60_12.jpg

New drop links for the rear ARB . This was a right pain in the ass as the bolts had rounded on the old ARB and had to be cut off .

genuine-honda-jazz-spray-type-windscreen-washer-jets-2997.jpg
Some new Honda Jazz spray type washer jets to replace the old jet type ones .

genuine-honda-jdm-rear-anti-roll-bar-civic-type-r-ep3-3035.jpg
Best mod so far is this JDM rear ARB . Makes the car feel so much better with turn in and feel . Its 3mm thicker than the UK one .

ngk-laser-iridium-spark-plugs-k-series-k20a-k20z-352.jpg
New Iridium plugs . The old ones were very tired and were about done .

tegiwa-magnetic-engine-gearbox-oil-sump-plug-1194.jpg
Magnetic oil sump bolt and gear box oil bolt

tegiwa-solid-shifter-bushes-civic-type-r-1232.jpg
Solid shifter bushes for the gear box and gear linkage . This gives the shift a stiff feel to it .

trherth-158 parts.jpg
Short shifter kit . Makes the all ready short throw around 30 % shorter .

H4-750-05.jpg

Fitted some uprated bulbs that give a more white and powerful light .

501LED19W-750.jpg

With the new head light bulbs the std side lights were a bad miss match in colour so some warm white 2W LED ones were a good match .

$(KGrHqNHJDEE7BcvgwkOBO2M1wi+Qg~~60_12.jpg

New pollen filters . The old ones looked like they had never been changed :)

ARblade-750-08.jpg

New Bosh flat blad wipers

The car has also had new number plates and a new rear Type R badge .

Took me most of the weekend to do all this and has made the car so much better to drive with all of the bits .

Next up will be a Gruppe M / Tegiwa air filter , new front tyres , Ferodo DS 2500 front pads , New mats and a 2.5 center exhaust B pipe .

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just got this in the post thismorning .

2.5 B pipe
b.jpg

All of the bolts on the old center B pipe are rusted to f*ck any tips how to get them off ???