ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New K-Tec 182 Exhaust

Over the last few weeks K-tec have had my car, developing a new exhaust system for the 182. I got the car back before FCS where some of you would have seen it both on my car and on display at K-Tec's trade stand.

My 320 mile round trip to FCS was a perfect test of the system, which I was very impressed with. When motorway cruising (70-90) the system is probably quieter than the standard exhaust. Only when you put the power down do you hear the noise, which sounds great. Of course, when full throttle through the gears and on B road blasts the exhaust becomes alive and the noise is increasingly addictive!

Many of you will know that I was complaining about my 182 being slower than my old 172... well those days are gone. The new exhaust has made the car pull much better mid range in every gear, and im now very happy with my car's performance.

The quality is superb, and I can fully recommend the system to any 182 owner. Many thanks to David and the K-Tec guys :approve:

here's the information from their website.
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2419&pic=1

My car's going back in next week to have the exhaust finished off cosmetically, as I needed the car back before FCS. Pics will be up when its 100% finished on my car.

for now, here's a pic of the rear view with the standard tailpipes. It will have the new Alloy tailpipes designed and fitted next week :)

exhaust_rear.gif

Small sound clip
CLICK ME

Last edited:
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Looks quite similar to my supersprint, I like the single silencer, very tidy.

Nice price by the looks of things too.

whats the deal with these tail pipes? cant you get different styles like slash cut?

im not sure on whether they can do slash cut, but David hinted at various colours and etching around the tip.

So for instance, you could have black with silver etched detailing.

I'll get mine next week, so i'll be sure to post up pictures. Im not sure what David's got planned for my car yet.

Last edited:
cool - i know what id have etched into it! i just cant decide on an exhaust at the moment, this one takes my list up to 4 possibles

M

mini-valver

Had a quick nosey round at FCS fella, looks really tidy and sounds nice and crisp. Interested to see gains etc and how it would compare to the Orbisound/Miltek/BTB which are all more expensive!

M

mini-valver

The Yozza uses a single rear box though so it's a different sort of system. Would be interesting to have a back to back with all of them though.....

Mk2 172
looks well made and sounds quite good but i hate the tail pipes. there ugly and way too big imo. i much prefer the standars size pipes. the new gdi one looks much better.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Need some clips of the car driven too!!. I'm after a new system, 3 are in the pot at the mo. Janspeed original gets good reviews on the trophy forum, and is very popular there. I also like the single pipe design, as it saves a good 8kg over the standard system. Milltek..... thet sounds supurb, good price, just not sure on the twin box design...heavy? BTB, this was my original 182 choice but..... read some conflicting reveiws, and i think the rear boxes can be seen under the bumper, again x2 rear boxes weight? Proven power gains though. Orbisoud, too loud :( (yes i am gay)

Mk2 172
you dont want loud on a 182 in my opinion cos it just makes you look like a t*at while drivin round town. subtle is the way way forward!

Mk2 172
No nor me! Stupidly big. no need. i just wish they would make one that had exactly the same pipes as the standard one

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
you dont want loud on a 182 in my opinion cos it just makes you look like a t*at while drivin round town. subtle is the way way forward!

too right. Original janspeed is very quiet i'm lead to beleive? Mine will be decatted too, had my fingers burnt with the 172 cup and decatted exhausts :( V. LOUD

Supersprint copy at an affordable price. :D

Better then the gdi yozza (or whoever claims ownership of that design ;) )

I would buy a btb if I was in the market.

Agree with the tailpipe comments, there to big. Heres mine and I wanted to go another half inch smaller.

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

I had a 100cell cat fitted the other day which has made it quite a bit louder.

ex.jpg

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lol, steady on, not as if I've got a 4 inch cherry bomb.

My supersprint looks the absolute tits in my opinion.

DSC00074.jpg

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lol, fair enough, whatever works for you I guess. I think the majority of people don't like the size of the standard 182 tips.