ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New K-Tec 182 Exhaust

M140i/Orange 182
^^ the tailpipe on the right is hanging to the left alot! that would do my head in!

supersprint that is, liking the ktec though, v.nice.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lol, it has been since that pic was taken.

K-tec one looks very nice, as I said, very similar to mine but also a hell of a lot cheaper.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Lol, it has been since that pic was taken.

K-tec one looks very nice, as I said, very similar to mine but also a hell of a lot cheaper.

Can you make them so they dont hang so low aswell?

Can you make it so you're not such an a-hole?

They sit extremely well imo and the fitment is the best I've seen and build quality. Nearly all aftermarket 182 exhausts have silencers on show, not with this one.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'm totally chilled, I love my exhaust regardless if you think it's too big etc.

Pay your money, take your choice.

Mk2 172
As i said i do love supersprint stuff. my mates got one on his m3 csl. you got any sound vids of it?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Check the media section Dan, I think we've trashed this thread enough lol.

First fitted:
th_MOV00289.jpg

Now:
th_462ad03f.jpg

th_aab6ca0c.jpg

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
so what is the difference with this new exhaust compared to the old ktr/janspeed on there site which is £295+vat whereas the new one is £345+vat.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Supersprint copy at an affordable price. :D

Better then the gdi yozza (or whoever claims ownership of that design ;) )

I would buy a btb if I was in the market.

Agree with the tailpipe comments, there to big. Heres mine and I wanted to go another half inch smaller.

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

I had a 100cell cat fitted the other day which has made it quite a bit louder.

ex.jpg
What makes that chap?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hi guys, thanks for all positive feedback and thank you to Dan for starting the thread and allowing us to use his car.

The tailpipes are still in the trial stages and the tailpipes fitted to the system on our website are the same 3.5" diameter as fitted to the other Janspeed system and the same size as the ones fitted to Dan's car. We would have the option of a smaller size as well as a centre section with no silencer if you want a louder system.

Some have aksed the difference betweent the current Janspeed system and our new system. Well our new system is a larger bore, 2.5" versus 2.25". The new system is more complex in its design and construction and has been dyno tested to give a 4bhp power gain on Dan's standard car. We feel this is very good for an exhaust on a 182 and shows we have gone in the right direction with the design while still keeping the noise level perfectly acceptable. There will also be a true 2.5" bore sports cat available to go with this system which will remove the step down in pipe size at teh cat/exhaust joint. This will give you a 2.5" bore system from the manifold back.

We hope to have Dan's car back next week for a little fine tuning, and new tailpipes, and once some more mils have been put on the car we should be ready to retail this new exhaust.

David.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
the shortlist has just been increased to two:

New, improved Janspeed or the legend that is the Orbisoud.

quick question though, the new system - can it be fitted with a 200 cell sports cat?

M

mini-valver

That's very impressive. Would be interesting to see some graphs of all the 182 systems back to back. A lot of competition on the market now.....