ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, blue clio 172 cup owner and proud of it! lol. looking4 advice and parts!

Clio 172 cup
Hey all my names Jay, i own a clio 172 cup in blue (best colour :p) its my pride and joy and is in perfect condition with low milage. Owned the car for 16months now and love it to bits, had to wait for the right 1 to come along and boy it did! I already have a custom made full stainless exhaust which is lighter than most on the market making it quicker and sound amazing. Im after a full remap! any tips were to go to get best results?? and im also after some cheap reclining bucket seats in black or blue and a front splitter, either carbon or in ther cup blue. :) thanks all for your help.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Re: New member, blue clio 172 cup owner and proud of it! lol. looking4 advice and par

They were only made in Mondial blue buddy :) lol.

Cheap, carbon, and reclining? About as much chance as Megan Fox sitting on my face tonight. You need to choose which one of those specs to drop from your list.

No reclining buckets are cheap, I've never seen Carbon ones ( not to say they don't exist ), and you need to pay a good amount of money to pick yourself up some carbon buckets. Perhaps your idea of cheap is different from mine. lol.

Remaps don't make as much difference as you might be imagining. Getting substantial power gains from that engine is VERY expensive. Most people's approach to making them go quicker is taking out EVERYTHING that isn't essential to make it move.

But welcome mate. Glad you're enjoying your car :)

Also, pictures please!

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
Re: New member, blue clio 172 cup owner and proud of it! lol. looking4 advice and par

cheers mate!

actually clio 172 cups were also made is silver :) there the only 2 colours they came in and the silver ones are alot more rare as they are usually newer and less were made but look nowhere near as good as the blue.

i had the choice out of a 172 cup or 182/182cup, (couldnt afford a trophy at the time) i chose 172 cup because its the lighest of the lot and quickest because of that but comes with the worse seats id say, Im not tight i do have money but just saying you no where i can get them cheaper than usual and dont mind if there 2nd hand aslong as there in good shape i dont mind

As for the carbon i meant for the front splitter for the front bumper, want 1 but on ktec they are so over priced, could do with finding a written off done up clio lol :)

Clio 172 cup

Also mate can you help?? I now have 1 key anyway for the car and the key flew out my hand and hit hard on the floor, this knocked off the button on the circuit board for the central locking to work, tried getting it back on, even soldered it but no good. were can i get a new circuit board from to go in the key to get the central locking to work again???? or will i need a new key altogether?? iv googled it and alsorts but cant find anything, dont want to go straight to renault as they will charge me a fortune lol. IV already spent 1600quid on the car in the last 4weeks already. lol

Stripped yozza'd cup

Good god they do! I just googled it.... lol. I spent months researching and looking for 172 cups and I had no idea.... my bad!

172 cup owns a 182 cup. But agreed, the seats are awful. lol. I've only had my cup about 2 weeks, so I've got a few essential jobs to do, then new seats will be high on the priority list. Not recliners though.... sod the passengers.

Clio things generally get snapped up pretty quick. if you're lucky you might might find things before someone else grabs them. You can pick up a pair of nice buckets for a couple of hundred quid on a good day if you're looking second hand. Recliners, you're looking at more like £1000 for Recaro ones, and about the same for other major brands.

Clio 172 cup

thing is with the sliver you cant tell its a cup cuz they come in silver for normal 172s :/

Yeah just have to hope im lucky and get some cheap. you can get the reclining trophy seats for 550 without the runners. still expensive to say my mate payed 160 for his blue cobras.

Ive had a custom full stainless on mine which is lighter than most on the market and looks and sounds better , my advice never cut into the bumper mine just comes out below it and you cant see the back box at all, twin '3' tail pipe with the ends folding in like the miltec, looks wicked!! my tip to you lol,

I had the car when i wa just 22, i got a bargian, it had done 48,000 miles, 2owners from new, 1a women, 12months mot, just been fully serviced and had cambelt changed, full service history, brand new tires all round, brand new discs and pads, and JVC ipod socket cd player and 12months tax with 4months warrenty and wheels refurbished for £4000. the insurance is still pretty high as 172 cups and 182 trophys are group17 not 16 like all the others so iv just payed that in full and had full service, m.o.t done, taxed it, all new tires and tracking done, they all need doing doing at the same time :(

if youve only had your cup 2weeks then i bet your still loving it every time you get in it lol

Stripped yozza'd cup

Still loving every second.... would be more so if it wasn't for all the problems i'm having at the moment. Biggest of which is the fact that my rear shocks are fucked.... it's really unnerving.

Once they're done on Monday it'll be a different car. I may well start sleeping in it.

I've got a k-tec stealth system, I didn't like it much at first and wanted to buy a recessed, but I've changed my mind since having it. Quite liking the understated look.