ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member Exigepete with 172 Cup

Hello all! Just bought a Clio 172 Cup 52 Plate 78k in standard condition. Replaced my aged but long serving Clio 1.2 RN S Plate. Been looking around for a while and this one was the fourth one I looked at.

First thing I did was get her serviced, four new tyres and a wheel alignment done at K-TEC Racing who are about 30 min drive from me.

Only thing left to do now is a wheel refurb which I will get done in a few months. She had had the cambelt, auxbelt, rear shocks and springs 2000 miles ago so most of the big bills out the way.

Would attach a pic but no point really, Its Blue like all of them apart from those few odd silver ones!

Nothing major, wheel refurb like I mentioned, probably get some uprated engine mounts fitted as the old ones wear out. Just look after her and enjoy, will be my daily driver when Im home.

RS 182 CUP
just get uprated dogbone (lower engine mount) the rest keep std unless you want crazy vibration!

RS 182 CUP
paid £7 for mine few year years ago. very fun, very grippy, i love how theyl give any car a run for their money. just make sure you keep grippy rubber on them and itl stick like glue

Yeah it handles great. For bang per buck and smile factor its amazing. Had lots of other cars including my old Lotus Exige (hence user name), and the Cup certainly holds its own against much more powerful expensive cars.