ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member just bought a Clio cup 172 looking for advice on car

cup 182
Hi folks
I'm from near Glasgow and just bought myself a Clio cup 172 which I am looking for some advice on some points thanks

Im wanting to lower the car on coil overs is 45-60mm ok or what is recommended? The car pulls to the right and feels very skittish on the road driving straight?

The speedo needle drops and plays up which causes the car to stutter slightly whilst accelerating could this be the speedo sensor?

What performance tyres are proven or recommended for the Clio?

What is the actual 0-60 time for the Clio cup 172 iv seen everything from 6.3 to 7.2 what is right :)

And lastly is there any Scotland meets or clubs that meet up from time to time?

Thanks guys

Hi folks
I'm from near Glasgow and just bought myself a Clio cup 172 which I am looking for some advice on some points thanks

Im wanting to lower the car on coil overs is 45-60mm ok or what is recommended? The car pulls to the right and feels very skittish on the road driving straight?

The speedo needle drops and plays up which causes the car to stutter slightly whilst accelerating could this be the speedo sensor?

What is the actual 0-60 time for the Clio cup 172 iv seen everything from 6.3 to 7.2 what is right :)

Thanks guys

welcome mate

alot of you questions there, give the site a search youll find most of the answers

As for the meets have a look in the scotland section, but normally theres a few guys at knockhill going track days

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome to CS mate, loads of owners from Scotland a meet should be no problem. . Get involved ;)

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Hi folks

Thanks guys

Welcome mate, there's loads of info on the Q's uve raised on the site, ps there's a scottish meet coming up in a few weeks, ideal chance to see what others have done to there motors and grab a few ideas for ur own

172 clio
Hi new to the clio side of things been a vag man!!:S But I want to get some more power out of it it has a cat back system on it at the moment with a set of coilovers and that's it. Has anyone got any tips? Thanks