ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Member looking to buy in Derbyshire

AB 182
After a long string of Japanese metal including Skylines, Supras, S2k's and also a Lotus Elise amongst other stuff I've had to grow up (a little) and to buy houses and stuff so it's time to look at something more inline with my current budget :approve:

So ive been looking and looking and looking and basically after seeing a YouTube clip of a 182 with the RS Tuner Overrun map on it I thought that looks like a modern fun vehicle for reasonable money!!

So this is where I am right now, looking for a 182 with mods already done Exhaust / Filter / RS Tuner Map / Suspension etc also with the belts and dephaser already done! So if anyones in the market for selling let me know but i'll keep trawling through the ads. There is a perfect one forsale but it's in Buckie Scotland and a 16 hour round trip just isn't for me !! Im in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

So hello and you'll be hearing a lot from me as I buy, break, mend and modify my newly acquired tin box.

Hey mate welcome to the forum, I'm in Chesterfield too! (well I work in Chesterfield)

The RS Tuner map is easy to do so I wouldn't be too bothered if the car for sale has it on or not. It works out rather cheap.

Good luck with the car hunting

RS Tuner is about £100 to buy and then approx. £80 for the unlock & Map. I only say this as I have mine up for sale now. Very easy you can do yourself at home providing you have a laptop. Great Guide on here to do it!

See for sale section if you are interested. Usually ones going on there!

AB 182
Thanks for that I'll have a browse, apparently it racing blue that I want but I could be tempted with the other blue for the right spec.

This is my ideal combination.

April08Refurbcarbon.jpg

Also are the optional stripes just vinyl ?

AB 182
Well off to look at a local car tomorrow, quite a nice spec modifications wise and only issue is heaters go hot if you hit a bump so it looks like ill be doing the cable tie fix if I buy it. I believe it's Neezy's old car off here.

Soooo might not be the exact colour I wanted but certainly the right spec and more.

Well off to look at a local car tomorrow, quite a nice spec modifications wise and only issue is heaters go hot if you hit a bump so it looks like ill be doing the cable tie fix if I buy it. I believe it's Neezy's old car off here.

Soooo might not be the exact colour I wanted but certainly the right spec and more.

That RB you've posted above looks really good! What colour car is it you're going to look at tomorrow?

AB 182
Not got any photos, it's a friend of a friend, just said he bought it of Denise Convy off cliosport at the beginning of this year so a quick google brought up a member called Neezy so I presume its hers.

It's the darker blue but I can live with that for the price. It has :-

Scorpion Cat Back
Quick Shift
Matched inlet ports
Pipercross Panel
Eibach Prostreet Kit
Think a remap not sure whos
182 with cup spoiler and splitter.

So basically a decat, overrun map and some speedline turini's and i'll be happy if the cars OK..............

AB 182
Yeah I have done, not had a reply yet.

Been along time since I owned a "hot hatch" did the whole 5 Turbo, Swift GTi, Corolla Gti etc in my early motoring years and been RWD ever since.

AB 182
Well after a chat to neesey's fella last night I'm off this afternoon to pick her old car. Provided there's nothing untoward with it.

So looks like I need a rs tuner a decat and some speed lines Monday .

Gonna chuck it on the rollers at my mates to see what the difference is between the RS tuning map that's on the car and the chavvy pops and bangs fastchips map that I want on the car.

Pics to follow.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Thanks for that I'll have a browse, apparently it racing blue that I want but I could be tempted with the other blue for the right spec.

This is my ideal combination.

April08Refurbcarbon.jpg

Also are the optional stripes just vinyl ?

that is my car, and its a Full Fat so all the toys and the cup packs but no stripes

believe that pic was taken when andy owned it so sub 30k car at that point @ThomasBrentnall ;)

Gaz coilovers and cup turinis I think at that time and the RS TUNING (not tuner) map that's still on it now

and i'm not far from Chez Vegas either, Ambergate and work in Matlock area, oh and welcome!lol! :)

Nice car collection!

As a former vx220 owner I can empathise with your "favourite but worst" comment about the Elise!

that is my car, and its a Full Fat so all the toys and the cup packs but no stripes

believe that pic was taken when andy owned it so sub 30k car at that point @ThomasBrentnall ;)

Gaz coilovers and cup turinis I think at that time and the RS TUNING (not tuner) map that's still on it now

and i'm not far from Chez Vegas either, Ambergate and work in Matlock area, oh and welcome!lol! :)

Never knew that was yours, looking good in the photo ;)

What happened to the Recaro Pole Positions?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
sold when Andy sold the car I guess, this was years and years ago, that pic must be 5/6 years old I'd guess

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
very new mate, think Andy had it from 6 months old and 7k to 2008 and about 35k ish, then luke owned it for 4 years till I bought it in September 2012 iirc on 103k

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
all of it, fully stamped up book, loads of receipts and 2 enthusiast owners before me from 7k onwards :) even got every single tax disc its ever had in a wallet :)

AB 182
Well I'm officially a French tin box owner, pretty impressed to be honest !

Pics to follow as the last owner hasn't washed the car for 6 months and only done 846 miles since buying it off Neesey!!