ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member with 182 Cup

Land Rover
Hi everybody just joined up and bought a Clio 182 Cup
The car is known on here, D11 CUP

I thought l would post my experience with the car on here, starting with the jobs to do on it.
The car drives very well indeed, it’s been set up professionally and you can tell straightaway.
My missus is using it at the moment as we are waiting for a new Up GTi to be delivered.
She reported the stereo as “unfathomable” so the first job was to refit the Renault one, which came with the car.
This was an easy task although the aerial connector was broken so l had to fit a new one of those.
One of the rear speakers is not working so that’s a job for the weekend, although it sounds pretty good anyway, l think the speakers have been upgraded.
I also had a look at the squeaky wiper mechanism and that looks to be the motor not located properly....there’s a little locating peg that looks like it is not in position.
The N/S scuttle plastic is broken and does not sit flat at the end so l have ordered a good used one and will do the wipers when that part arrives.
I have ordered a clutch cable as it’s pretty stiff, after removing it from the clutch end you can hardly move the cable inside.
Plus l am not sure l like the gear shift lever that is fitted, the original came with the car so it may go back on, although the missus said it is “fine”.
The aircon is not working and l am going to get that looked at. On all the eight 172/182 l looked at before buying this one there was only one with working aircon, but it will be nice to get it working.

Land Rover
Anybody want a top of the range Alpine stereo unit in pristine condition with all the Clio harness adaptors?

Land Rover
Can someone advise me if the clutch cable on a 182 is a DIY job to replace? Do you have to get under the car? I do have a pair of drive on ramps.
Thanks!

Land Rover
I looked at eight 172’s and 182’s with prices from £1350 to £6000
All looked good on the adverts but none were anything like as nice as this one.
Except for the £6000 one which had only 22,000 miles but it was just too much money.
Plus it had never had a cam belt change, and had three different makes of tyre on it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was joking mate. You’ve picked the fastest colour and what looked a nice car.

Enjoy, now send me that CD player :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe. Crunch, that first? Grind, nearly. Bang, ah there's first, on the floor. ?

I'm sure it will be fine. @NaplesValver has probably turned notifications off already and we'll never know what boring chugger he's bought!

2004 Racing Blue 182
Maybe. Crunch, that first? Grind, nearly. Bang, ah there's first, on the floor. [emoji23]

I'm sure it will be fine. @NaplesValver has probably turned notifications off already and we'll never know what boring chugger he's bought!

Still here. Late night at work yet again.

Will be following this with interest. You never know, @Landyman may decide he doesn’t want it and I’ll be in a position to run it as a 2nd car!

Miss it already. Is a great car, proper little go kart.

Oh, and I won’t be buying a chugger, it will be a decent car, just a bit more refined than the 182. I’m too old for a 182 as an everyday car on a commute [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Land Rover
Next job is some minor bodywork. The bodywork looks perfect but in the sunlight you can see a few slight car park dents on both sides.
Most people would not even notice but l have a thing about perfect panels!!
My Dent Removal Man is going to sort that out, he’s a genius l had the same done on my Z3 and my Land Rover.

Land Rover
Aircon service and regas

FDF408F8-646D-4F8E-B340-532F1A0AFC98.jpeg

Land Rover
Gas left in system 240g
So down to about 33% will see how it goes and get it repaired if it leaks out again.
Usually dried out seals.
I like to have working aircon.

Land Rover
He’s called Gary but l also have another one called Francis for aluminium Land Rover Defender panels as Gary doesn’t like them

The Clio is great with working aircon, climate control is much more effective and it’s great at set about 18 degrees where before it was always a bit warm, even though less heat came from the vents when you reduced the temperature.
£40 well spent.

Land Rover
The job tomorrow is try and fit the new clutch cable.
The old cable is very stiff, l disconnected it at one end and l couldn’t move the cable by hand.

Land Rover
Had to make a new water deflector. And one of the ball joints was dry so l packed it with grease.

Wipers are now squeak free!

72A210DB-71C3-441E-B6FF-5906A50E5706.jpeg72A210DB-71C3-441E-B6FF-5906A50E5706.jpeg

Attachments

• 2880003C-BC79-4C2F-B556-BB6A5340DC5F.jpeg
    2880003C-BC79-4C2F-B556-BB6A5340DC5F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
  PH2 172
I find it interesting that this car was described as properly sorted and lovely car.
And no one has mentioned the elephant in the room.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I find it interesting that this car was described as properly sorted and lovely car.
And no one has mentioned the elephant in the room.
There are always niggly things that need doing, some you can ignore while concentrating on others. But yeah, what's happening with the gearbox?

Land Rover
The gearbox fault was clearly described in the advert, l had looked at a lot of these cars and even if a new gearbox was needed it would still be the best one l had viewed.
However, the noise from the gearbox is not obtrusive and has quietened since l did a long motorway journey in the car.
What l am going to do is get a recon box from the guy on here who does them, and store it until it is needed.
So if the fault does get worse l can get it repaired quickly.
Should it not be needed l can always sell it on.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
The gearbox fault was clearly described in the advert, l had looked at a lot of these cars and even if a new gearbox was needed it would still be the best one l had viewed.
However, the noise from the gearbox is not obtrusive and has quietened since l did a long motorway journey in the car.
What l am going to do is get a recon box from the guy on here who does them, and store it until it is needed.
So if the fault does get worse l can get it repaired quickly.
Should it not be needed l can always sell it on.

Right from the beginning I felt like it was being blown out of proportion. Tenner says that box lives for another 10k.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Chap just didn’t want to use it as a daily because of the type of car it was. Used the box as a probable get out of jail free card. Am excuse :).

Some couldn’t grasp that. Tbf if it was a not so nice car then yeah should have used it

Land Rover
Today’s job is to replace the plastic fuse box next to the air filter, as the clip is broken off meaning the lid is free to rattle around.
I got a mint used part from Ebay.

Land Rover
The mountings at the ends were broken so they sat proud of the screen at the corners. I could have stuck them down with silicone sealant
but a good used replacement set was only £20
I think somebody had tried to remove them to get to the wiper mechanism.

The fuse box lid had been cut down for some reason and the mounting clip was broken off, so l replaced the whole lot, again for next to nothing.