ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member!

Audi Q7, Avalanche
Hi,

ive spent the past few weeks browsing your excellent website and forum and have found it to be lively and a very interesting read. Ive just bought a Renault Clio 172 cup 52-reg, it needs a little bit of work as i bought it off a friend who had a little run in with a fixed bollard! but its going to be spanking gorgeous when its done! ive noticed that there are quite a few members around the warrington and cheshire area which is great as im only in Daresbury and cant wait to have my car up and running and pop over to some local meets and events. ive done some searching on the site for appropriate mods for the cup and have found a variety of opinions. Some swear by exhaust upgrade, induction upgrade, remap or uprated ecu etc. while others swear by standard parts and replacement panel filter etc.. my background is in modified fiesta's, turbo's, xr2i's and ZVH's and BMW's, so this is my first french pocket rocket. id be tempted to get an enclosed induction kit and uprated exhaust although having seen some cups with a modified exhaust sticking out below the bumper line im not sure i like it? what are peoples opinions on first mods (if any on a cup) with regards to £'s-BHP ratio? all opinions are welcomed,

thanks for reading,

David

panel filter/closed induction kit, cat back exhuast and decat, a 'leeds' superchip or all the above except the superchip, and benr's inlet manifold work and a smt6 remap.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
thanks for the warm welcome guys, grately appreciated. Some forums can be very cliquey and i guess i was worried about beign an outcast! haha pardon my ignorance but ive seen many threads relating to the mythical 'Benr' can someone explain who he is and what he does etc.. as ive only heard and read great things about him

Renaultsport 220T
Welcome, yeah, it's worth it, just for the discounts alone.

You can get your rear bumper recessed as per the 182's, so that the exhaust doesn't hang down too much.

Looks wicked.

:D

Audi Q7, Avalanche
yeah i want to join but having looked at the payment options it says via paypal and my paypal account is at its limited as i tried to join, it told me i had to put in a code from my statement to increase the limit but ive never had one on, suggestions?

Clio v6
Welcome to Cliosport. The infamous BenR can be found mostly in the Exterior/ Engine mods section.

He has a big Dremel.

benr is an airflow technician, basically he's got amazing skills when it comes to anything airflow related in cars!

Audi Q7, Avalanche
thanks for all the welcomes and the info thus far, im presuming that on the clio 172 cup there is no point just doing an exhaust on its own or just an induction kit? i'll email Benr and see what he has to say on my options etc... could be very interesting!

just exhuast or induction kit wont really give much in the way of gains. if you want simple cheaper mods then benr's inlet mod is fantastic and so is the 'leeds' superchip both have been seen to give significant increases for little money.

Audi Q7, Avalanche
ive just sent 'Benr' a private message asking his advice on tuning and mods etc.. just out of curiousity what is involved briefly in the inlet manifold conversion and rough prices? whats a 'leeds' chip?

Audi Q7, Avalanche
i'll sort some pics very soon, ive just this second sorted my payment via paypal so im now a fully fledged paid up member of cliosport! legend

Welcome mate, I think if you wanna mod it then do it! I do think there is a certain point where it becomes too much though! :)

Audi Q7, Avalanche
hi and thanks again for such a warm and friendly welcome! definately worth the fiver, i was expecting it to be way more than that for some reason! i agree with the opinions about the law of diminishing returns with regards to spending on mods. My everyday car (BMW E39 523i se, modded airflow and inlet manifold and rolling on 20" m-parallel alloys) is a smooth cruiser pushing out around 190bhp maybe more and is very comfortable ride. so the change from this to my weekend warrior mobile is probably going to be enough to start with, so i will prob keep it pretty much standard, although i really like the look of the ITG panel filter so may push the boat out and buy one of those, then maybe think about an exhaust to compliment it, then maybe the inlet manifold work, remap.....haha hmmm a little addictive this modding lark! anyone in the warrington area have a 172 cup with mods so i can have a look at one and feel the difference between the various add ons?

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Hola and welcome,

I just signed up to and I am loving the responses from people with just as much love for their cars as I have!! Great!

As for using Ktec for your stuff I would recommend them. They have all the sh*t and a great website if you dont have a near by supplier for your upgrades.

Im asking the same questions too about my Mk2 172....its the most incredible ride for me and thats with out any mods. I cant wait to get some stuff under the bonnet!!!

Let me know how you get on.

:D

182BG
Welcome to ze Club!

Stealth exhaust system is great, then you could always get the exhaust cut in to the rear bumper.
KTEC is good but some of their products tend to be slightly over priced imo.
Yeh speak to benr, i might be getting this mod somewhen, unless i opt for throttle bodies first ;)

Audi Q7, Avalanche
thanks for the welcome, i'll have a look at k-tec's stealth exhaust sounds like an ideal application!!