ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New owner, after some advice

172 sport Seat Arosa
Hi guys, bought a cheap 172 for a bit of fun. It has a stealth exhaust and been told it's cammed. The person who's had it before me has bodged a lot of things but it drives and in going into the garage for a dogbone mount (gearbox try's to vibrate it's way off the car!)and bonnet pins (he cut the bonnet latch panel for throttle bodies and cut a lot of things off). AUX belt is looked abit jagged how much am I looking to get that done ? I've seen that it needs to have the full kit done but can't seem to find a price. I know they recommend the dephaser etc to be done but I'm defiantly not spending that type of money on it. So,e of the quotes I've see. Are more than I paid for the car! Anything I'm missing ?

P.S Sorry if I've put this in the wrong thread.

SQ5
Dephaser doesn't need to be replaced if your only have the. aux kit done.

If it needs a Cambelt though and the Dephaser has never been replaced then you'd be stupid not do have it done. Your looking around £700 for Cambelt/aux/Dephaser to be done.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Tidy up the minimum and sell it on making it someone else's problem..

Spend more buying a better well sorted car and you'll save money in the long run.. Cheap clios ain't cheap..