ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new pads = esp + service light (+ now abs light)

a thirsty one
had new brembo hc discs, fluid and braided hoses about 3 months ago along with some new pads. everything was fine.

pads were rubbish though so had some mintex fast road jobbies fitted today test drive was fine no clunks etc, went out tonight while roads quiet to do some light bedding in did as follows:-

60mph-30mph light pressure about 5 times with cooling down between
80mph-40mph light pressure building slightly with cooling about 5 of these, turned round to head home and the esp/traction control light and service light come on.

park up at home turn car off then back on, now the esp/service and abs light are all on. car feels fine and brakes fine.

any ideas before i start scratching my head? i thought if it was an abs sensor it would have flagged up immediately and not 40 miles later?

clio 182 + cup packs
not related but does it not give u instructions on bedding in in the box? i got some with the ferodo's

were is the brake light switch?

BMW M135i
adjust the brake light switch.
I was thinking that but it usually only comes on when you brake first and it resets when you turn the car off (or mine did). iirc from the tech manual it comes on if *bar of pressure builds up in the brake circuit without the switch changing to the brake light on position.

a thirsty one
i did a search and saw some people mention that switch, i wasnt thinking it would be that as to much a coincidence it was the evening after new pads.

the light stayed on for the first minute this morning after a night rest, and then went off. will keep an eye on it.