ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Peco Exhaust Clio RT 1.4

'91 Clio RT =D
So I bought a Peco exhaust backbox and tubing on ebay for £16.55 and had it delivered for £17.98. A bargin me and my dad think.
24-04-08_0818.jpg

24-04-08_0819.jpg

{the back box the day I got it in the post}

We spent yesturday evening and best part of today fitting it and repairing my exsiting exhaust system.
So I took some photos on my phone (sorry for the quality) because I thought you guys might be interested in seeing it. I also took some videos but for some reason 3/4 of the actual footage drops and your left with the sound I mixed the videos together and converted it to a sound only file and the link to it is at the end. So Im going to talk you guys through mine and my dads adventure/nightmare. :)

ok so obviously the first set was to move the car from its spot to where we can work on it and then jack it up:
25-04-08_1535.jpg

{moved to position}
25-04-08_1534.jpg

{jacked up}

Ok so me and my dad had a proper look under the car for the first time since we had bought it (my dad fixes alot of cars and works odd shifts) So after about 5 mins of looking we got set to work. We unscrewed the exsisting backbox thinking "itll be easy to take out" An hour later we were still struggling to manouver the bend on the muffler round the axel. We found we had to take the wheel off to get it off. What a palava hey?
25-04-08_1645.jpg

{my dad cursing, swearing and moving the back box about :)}
Eventually we managed to get the new back box on, it went on alot easier than the original came off.
25-04-08_1646.jpg

25-04-08_1647.jpg

{the new back box on and the wheel still off}
25-04-08_1649.jpg

{the shot from the side of the back box, my dad taking the rest of the exhaust off}
So we needed to take the rest of the exhaust off because it needed welding in places and what not, so we got stuck to it only that one job turned into about 6, with sockets going missing and the vice deciding it had had enough. Time was getting on a bit and I had to go out to meet a girl, plus my dad had enough. So we left it for saterday.
25-04-08_1737.jpg

{I put the wheel on and took a photo of what it looked like.}
Ok so almost 24 hours after starting the "quick back box change" we were done :) The exhaust was almost done but we need to buy new gaskets and mountings to get it finished properly, oh and a new cat because my car wont pass the MOT with the decat pipe. So we had enough of it and the local exhaust bits and bobs shop was closed so we called it a day and went for a cream tea :)
26-04-08_1423.jpg

{car exhaust after taken off axel stands and the jack}
26-04-08_1424.jpg

{a stood up shot of the Clio with the Peco backbox on with a complete rear view}

So me and my dad fired it up and revved it a bit and I video'd, like I said earlier the video stopped after like 2 seconds for some reason so I merged all of the vids and converted to MP3.
The first one is jus starting the car up before we unjacked it.
The second sound is my dad revving car the car alot while i video'd (dodging the crap shooting out the end was fun lol!!!)
The third sound is me reving the engine for my sisters boyfriend to hear.
Here is the sound link:
Exhaust Sound

So thanks for reading my marathon post.
Big thanks goes to my dad.
P.S. please dont leave posts about the lights or the sticker on the car, I have posted them before to be commented on =]

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Not bad for £18 but I'm not a fan of Square Exhausts, Had a Peco on my Corsa 1.2 and it sounded pretty good if I do say so myself

'91 Clio RT =D
mine sort of fits just under, didnt have to modify the bumper at all, complete bonus :)
thanks for the comments =]