ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New PH1 172 owner in Lancashire

Ph1 Clio sport 172
Hi all.

Picked up my Phase 1 172 (2000) the other day and got her straight into my worshop in Preston. First impressions im very happy with the car. Excellent drive and puts a big smile on my face.

I need to replace the front discs and pads as they are warped (juddering pedal) ive checked the ABS rings and even pulled the ABS fuse out to see if it made a difference. Rear pads are thin. Im going to clean up the hubs and calipers and paint them silver. Timing belt and water pump on the list. Some minor TLC as i go.

Yesterday she developed a slight misfire, im ruling things out at the minute. checked MAP, air temp sensor, cleaned out throttle body, found a dirty, busted up non standard air filter. Checked the HT leads and ECU pin connections but still hesitating under load. im going to take the plenums off and check the plugs. My moneys on the Coil pack.
Pics to follow as and when.

Thanks

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome along buddy.

There's a few of us just down the road in blackpool, I have a spare coil pack/leads if you need one to try before buying one I'm quite happy to bring it down to you to try :smile:

Ph1 Clio sport 172
Quick update. Had the 172 in my workshop tonight. Plenums off , sensors cleaned . Leads off etc. Two leads were moist inside and the same in the plugs. Cleaned everything , put it back together and she's running like a dream again. So chuffed.