ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Rattle, any ideas??

RS clio 172
Hi guys, i got a 172 a few months and back and i absolutly love it, but in the last week or so it has developed a strange rattle between 2-3k. Its a kind of metallic, tinny rattle just noticeable inside the car. Anyone else had this problem or have an thoughts? Cheers, Paul.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The only tinny, metalic rattle I've had is the when baffles went on my centre section, but you'd obviously hear a bit of this outside the car.

Edit: ^^ Heat shield's a good shout

RS clio 172
bloody hell quick replies :) first time on this forum. Cheers guys. Anywho heat shield you say, is this easy to get to myself, just a case of bending it back or will it need screwing into place or something?

Monaco 172
I have this same issue, sounds like it's coming from inside the dashboard but you can hear it from outside the car aswell? bloody annoying and would love to know how to fix it :) where abouts is the heat shield?

Sorry to but in :eek:

Lukas

RS clio 172
i think the heatshield is down the back of the engine near the manifold? Im goin to have a fiddle with it in the mornin and see what i can do to stop this blasted rattle!

M2 Competition
Either there, or right the way along the exhaust under the car. Its bolted up, what happens is the metal splits around the bolts, and the heatshield drops onto the exhaust, leaving the bolt in the car. May be able to bodge it, otherwise a new heatshield.

Also check rear exhaust mount, if this has collapsed makes a similar noise. If it has, new mount is dead cheap, or you can give the old one some strength with sections of hose pipe and zip ties (search 'exhaust rear mount') to see what i mean if it is this.