ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Renault Clio (supposedly).

Dynamique S TCE
Impressive, and there's more fuel to the fire about the next RS being a 1.6t

This 900cc unit delivers 108bhp and 160Nm of torque, and promises CO2 emissions of only 95g/km, as well as 76.3mpg combined economy. This amazing efficiency is down to a host of technologies, including a ‘pulse start’ system which allows lightning quick restarts. Plus, by combining radio spark plugs for quicker ignition and EGR Boost technology to cool and reuse exhaust gases, the unit allows more efficient engine combustion.

Following the launch, a new Renaultsport Clio will appear. This is likely to get a new 1.6-litre turbo

LED Strips ffs. Hate them!

New Renault Sport will almost definitely be a turbo, very few engines won't be in a few years. Blame emissions regulations!

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
turbo's are awesome, shame 'modern' turbo's have no kick, just smooth and boring

Merc
Agree it looks huge, also looks Fiesta like but the sport will undoubtedly be in another league. That 900cc engine sounds good, 108bhp and 75mpg who can complain. If they can shift that power from a 900cc engine it will be interesting seeing how much they can push out of a 1.6 turbo'd engine.

Like everything thats new, it takes time to grow on people.

260% JCW
Just when you thought the 200 was ugly........

I hope for FFS that this is not the new Clio, Looks horrid!

260% JCW
Again it's going to need more than that to avoid people from being seen in it.

Who evers styling Reanults at the mo needs sorting ASAP.

Merc
187bhp (170 true bhp lol), 0-62 in 8.4 (Juke), 37.2mpg and a six speed manual.

If it is really 187bhp I can imagine the RS team squeesing atleast 20bhp more, getting it near the 210bhp mark. Also note that the Juke should weigh a fair bit more and powers the four wheels.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
problem is they will never make the new car smaller than the old car as it makes it harder to advertise as smaller is seen as worse to many people!

260% JCW
If it does have boost it will make more than they quote.

BMW quote 175 for the MCS, on the dyno she made 194.

Boost>gains for your buck than NA.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Looks gash. Why do all new cars look the same? I can see a Corsa, Ibiza and Mazda 2 with a sprinkle of Aids. Clearly no one can be arsed these days with any car.

Lionel Richie
i heard they're doing flappy paddle gearboxes too? they can't do normal boxes properly yet so that'll be interesting!

Merc
i heard they're doing flappy paddle gearboxes too? they can't do normal boxes properly yet so that'll be interesting!

Lol yup I heard about the paddle shift too. As you say, they should concentrate on the current box.

Would be interesting to see reviews of the Nissan Juke to see if they have gearbox problems, presuming ofcourse that they use the Juke engine and components.

Stagecoach Ticket
LOL at the claimed outputs and the bad photoshop Autoexpress is a bag of s**t the Guardian of the car media world

Stagecoach Ticket
above commenting is in reply to the "new williams"
the new clio will proberly look massive and jank and will 99.9% be a turbo yet highly doubt it will be above the 200 berries mark

Passat
I hate how Clios, Fiestas and cars of that category are becoming more focus-sized. The 172/182 is a perfect size for people who enjoy driving a car and don't have much need for room. I fear I'm treading on thin ice as a Clio driver...but stepping down to the Twingo seems a bit gay.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hate the fact that all newer cars are looking more and more like they are coming from space. what was wrong with the mk2 ph2? looks the best imo, not just the sports.

however, this looks interesting.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/270019/clio_williams_is_back.html

Because the Mk2 phase 2 looks dated and its not 2002

P1040342.jpg

Dont get me wrong i love the Mk2's but even the 197 looks dated next to a 200, things move on.

Also from the bits i've read the new Clio will be no bigger than the current version. It sits on the same but slightly tweeked MK3 Clio chassis, just as the new meggy sits on a tweeked original Megane chassis. I think the RS version of what ever comes out will look fine, but i do suspect it'll lose the wider rear end of the Mk3 RS, to be replaced with arch extensions like the new Twingo/Meggy :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i dont know why everyones so against a 1.6t not like its going to make it w**k like a corsa vxr, its renaultsport were talking about, they could put a 2stroke engine in it and it would still be great!

i for one am looking forward to turbo technology from F1 filtering down into road cars over the next few years!

SG9 Forester STi
If it does come out looking like that then - :dead:.

Vile looking thing, looks like they've borrowed the badges from the HGV's!

I am not to sure about the looks of this new car.

Also looking at the photo below the clio mark 2 in my opinion looks so much nicier than the mark 3. The clio's are that big now that there is not much difference between them and the meganes and I thought that the whole idea of the clio was for families who could only afford a small hatchback model and then work upto the middle sized family car being the megane.

Now dont get me wrong the clio 200 is an amazing car but I personally feel that they should have kept the clio smaller and not bothered bringing out the renault twingo as if I have read correctly isnt the twingo chassis and floorpan the old clio mark 2 one anyway????

Finally I think the clio 1.6 turbo idea could work really well especially if renaultsport work there magic on it again just like they have on all the cars that have gone before it. :approve:

Listerine & Poledo
was that penned by the Vareity Club, in the dark?
900cc 3-pot turbos eh.
cwoorrrrrrrr, that'll sound epic
/sarcasm