ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Renault

Black Clio 172

In the summer i will be without my cars and not much money to replace them. What would people recommend for a modest budget of £1000 ish?? i want something which people still respect and looks modernish. I was thinking a 19 16v or a calibra 16v so far

Id go for a Mk2 Golf GTI. I had one about 7 years ago and its still one of my favorite cars, and ive had a VR6 and a 4Motion since then. It still looks good aswell.

133/225/CLS AMG

Youll get a good example MK2 GTi for that price. Im not a fan of the Calibras to be honest but I havent driven one.

133/225/CLS AMG

Mate of mine just bought a J reg MR2 2.0ltr (normally aspirated) with 120,000 on the clock and its going strong!!

He got his for £1800 which considering the electic toys, air con, leather interior is a bargain.

Go for the 19 16v. I had 1 for 3 years and it was fantastic! Excellent steering, handling and brakes. 2 of my friends had modded Clio 1.8 16vs and they always teased me about the 19, until we raced!!!! Never got beaten! Driven lots of VW Golf GTIs (mk1s and mk 2s, 8v and 16v) and I prefered the 19. Dont touch a Calibra. Prefered my 19 to the mint VW Corrado VR6 that followed and even the CTR I had. In 3 years I only needed to replace a water pump apart from the usual service bits!! I would highly recommend one!!!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

i used to love calibras, untill my dad said that a calibra was a cavaliar with a bodykit (having had both as company cars)! doesnt make it as appealing now does it!