ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New seat + Cup pics.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I bought a Recaro Pole position off JamesT87 a few weeks back and have spent the past couple of weekends getting it fitted.

It didn't fit well at first as it sat too high

Old subframe layout
IMAG0134-1.jpg

New revised subframe layout.
6826990026_cf6d2af550_b.jpg

DSC_0020 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6973150593_0ebcdaa55e_b.jpg

DSC_0040 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6827037256_0253ace0e5_b.jpg

DSC_0042 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6826991780_4843776ded_b.jpg

DSC_0021 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

I've also had my wheels powder coated and as I'd just washed it thought I'd grab some pics.

6973141453_420306389b_b.jpg

DSC_0036 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6973136995_e916aa1bc9_b.jpg

DSC_0034 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6973132875_50b185e1ca_b.png

DSC_0032 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6973131057_d95861cc25_b.jpg

DSC_0031 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6973124817_f8f93ee0d8_b.jpg

DSC_0028 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6826988044_717af2bc53_b.jpg

DSC_0019 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

6826979636_ba3d6e4edf_b.jpg

DSC_0015 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

Megane 225 F1
Looks good. Lovely seats. Not seen them mounted on standard subframes before though. Did you have to drill holes?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Best seats. I'm really tempted to shift my Trendlines and get some fixed ones. I never have rear passengers, but if I did, is it possible to squeeze people in by sliding forward on the runners? How much were the subframes?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Looks good. Lovely seats. Not seen them mounted on standard subframes before though. Did you have to drill holes?

Have my Dad and Bro to thank for the help with the subframe.

We started off with this...
IMAG0120-1.jpg

Did a bit of this...
IMAG0121-1.jpg

Tidied it up a bit resulting in...
IMAG0130.jpg

Then added some sidemounts to it.
IMAG0139.jpg

Proper seat.

Love your Cup!

Thanks Mate!

Very nice seats these, smart looking car too

Cheers Fella!

So nice. How much they set you back?

£340 in total, that's buying the seat and then buying another clio seat to butcher.

Best seats. I'm really tempted to shift my Trendlines and get some fixed ones. I never have rear passengers, but if I did, is it possible to squeeze people in by sliding forward on the runners? How much were the subframes?

Can fit people in the back with ease, slide functions as normal. Subframes were custom as above mate.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cheers mate. Where in Manc are you from? Will keep an eye out.

So am I right in thinking that fixed buckets are secured in on the side mount plates only and so it's just finding a way of getting the side mounts to bolt onto the Renault sliders?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Cheers mate. Where in Manc are you from? Will keep an eye out.

So am I right in thinking that fixed buckets are secured in on the side mount plates only and so it's just finding a way of getting the side mounts to bolt onto the Renault sliders?

No worries, I'm from East Manchester (Middleton/Ashton-under-Lyne)

And yes, I started off with some sidemounts which mounted from the bottom, chopped the bottom part off and mounted them to the side using two original mounting points (the bronze bolts) and another bolt at the front of the seat. Infact I've got a template at home, it's pretty easy to be honest if you've got the tools for it.

This is how we originally worked it, but this sat the seat too high.
IMAG0128.jpg

An orange one
Lovely seats... Not sure on the frame set up though,

Mine have been lowered on custom frames and sit like this, the shoulder bolster is level with the top of the door card

IMG_0773.jpg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Very nice Colin.

To be honest it was done on a budget, it might be a bit pikey but it does the job :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Awesome. Reckon I'm gonna give this a go next month. Fixed buckets are ace. Might give you a PM sometime with some Q's if thats ok?

An orange one
Be warned mate, lol...no other seat will feel the same after these..

Ive had 3 sets now in different cars

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Those sidemounts ColinG, how much were they? Would they mate up to a the Renault standard subs/sliders? (not that you'd be arsed about sliders for access to the back!)

An orange one
The side mounts are the recaro alloy mounts mate, £100 per pair..

Couldnt answer the other bit as my custom ones were made from an original recaro subframe, but the Renault sliders are in there and the seat is fully moveable back and forwards

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
So to fit the seats properly, you're looking at £100 for side mounts, £X for Recaro subframes and the cost of seats Obv?

Think I might stick to the 'pikey' method for now!

An orange one
Back in 2007 I paid £1300 for the full set including resisters for the airbag light..

Mind you in January this year, recaro have put their prices up by 40%!!!!!!! Bit cheeky that

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Might have to try sparco/corbeau/cobra. Not fussed on make, just want fixeds!

172 Cup
Thats a lovely seat, one of only a few seats i would fit to a renault sport along with a few other recaro's.