ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Seat

Turbo Beige
Fitted this last week, but just finally got the position sorted today. Seating is a lot lower and much more comfortable, car drives completley different. It feels as though there is loads more traction, but its just the fact that im not sliding around anymore!!!!!!!

DSCF0789.jpg

DSCF0792.jpg

DSCF0790.jpg

The car

Picture090.jpg

FOR SALE!!!
nice do you plan on jsut keeping the one our is that temp i kinda like the idea of just one for driver to be honest

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
can you please post a pic of how you mounted the side mounts to the car ?

looks sweet btw :)

Turbo Beige
I have used a X-Low Cobra subframe that mounts through the 4 original seat holes and then you bolt the sidemounts to this subframe. It isn on runners etc, all bolted solid. X Low subframe is £75 from Cobra and they are sided and a b*****d to fit (need modifying).

Passenger side harness is mounted to the subframe (comes with harness mounts), drivers side is mounted to original lower seatbelt mount, rear has eyebolts bolted through the floor in new mounts in the back.

I think it looks wrong with a different drives seat, i'd get a pssenger one too tbh.
Seat looks nice though.

M

mini-valver

Awesome! I'm loking at seats at the minute, stuck between one of these and Corbeau Sprint's. Corbeau's are winning as there slighlty cheaper, lol.
Can you post pics of the subframe/sidemount set-up fella?

Turbo Beige
looks good..is that harness road legal ????

Not strictly, but its 100times better than the s**t 2'' harness that you get. I wasn't prepared to shell out an extra £90 to get a proper 3'' 4 point ECE approved one, it can be changed at MOT time for a cheap 4 pointer if it even gets noticed.

Will get some pics up of the subframe etc when i get chance, not much to see really, just a subframe bolted flat across the floor, with cobra sidemounts bolted to it and the seat bolted between them.

M

mini-valver

I know but what needs modifying as they fit so badly and how much did the subframe set-up cost you in total?

Turbo Beige
Seat and side mounts i got off a friend (only used twice in his old trackcar) so they were really cheap. Side mounts are usually £50ish the im not sure about the seat.

i love the harness, needs another seat up front to balance it out, at the mo it looks odd.

I understand keeping the car useable but youve taken the plunge in fitting a bucket in the first place, you might as well do the job properly.

Will be stunning then bud, lovely motor..

172, Tiguan
Understand why, but does look odd with just one. You may have an issue come MOT time as Steve has just had to buy two new harnesses to get his through. lol.

Turbo Beige
Understand why, but does look odd with just one. You may have an issue come MOT time as Steve has just had to buy two new harnesses to get his through. lol.

If i have to buy a road legal one its only £40 or so and i have 12 months before i have to even think about that!!!

Leon Cupra R 225
looks awesome mate

but imo if your gona have one, get rid of the passenger seat, and move the drivers seat centrally, along with re-designing the dash steering rack etc.. not too much work ;) Mclaren F1 styleee

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
1 is fine. It shows your into driving.

Not just chav who goes looks at me i have 2 becuase i drive so fast.

clio 200 F4Rt
looking good!

Come the time if you need a cheap harness give us a shout, as we now do TRS full range :D

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
yea, got to get two really, how much was it all in all, including fitting - is very tempting!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
aye, and like you said...it still leaves 3 fully-useable seats

from experience, family & friends are not a fan of buckets and harnesses! lol

my ex used to say it felt like she was on a rollercoaster. lol. silly bint