ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new sub box - progress pics

E87 118i

chip board - yes

used chip board for my current box as I got it fo free, was going to buy MDF but then got more chip for free....bottom line.....Im cheap!

the mdf is sold by a huge sheet and is quite expensive....Think it was about R280.

E87 118i

yeah, carpet to match the boot but hopefully some grey vinyl inserts on the front panel ??

need to find the perfect grill, the "waffle iron" Im using at the moment, although very practical, looks crap.....well at least those clips that hold it in place, need somethnig more subtle......ideas ?

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by halo54 on 20 March 2005

hey, i want 1 of them for my car!
So does my mate so Im wondering what volume is needed for a 10" sub?

What sub you putting in there?

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by benclelland on 20 March 2005
So does my mate so Im wondering what volume is needed for a 10" sub?

the volume of the box depends on the sub

E87 118i

its a ligtning audio bolt 10" sub, required volume is 0.75 cu. feet.

internal dims of my enclosure is exactly 0.75 cubic feet: 6" x 18" x 12"......(always new maths would come in handy one day....)

finising off the last bits today and should be covering tomorrow......mmm...I can smell the glue now already.

to work out the internal dimension of a box

height (inches) x width (inches) x depth (inches) = gross internal volume (cubic inches)

gross internal volume (cubic inches)
_______________________________ = gross internal volume (cubic feet)
. 1728

or

height (cm) x width (cm) x depth (cm)
________________________________ = gross internal volume (litres)
, 1000

hope this helps everyone

do the manufacturers take into account the volume that their sub takes up though? this would mean that your box is actually too small if they dont.

ITB'd 172 POPTART

Is there not some where that sells these pre-made to fit in the sides of the boot in the clio 98 - Current. I always wanted a nice boot instal. My sub is smak bang in the middle and fits flush as i took that bar thing outta the boot that goes behind the seats of the rear passengers.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Craig Ed on 20 March 2005

Is there not some where that sells these pre-made to fit in the sides of the boot in the clio 98 - Current. I always wanted a nice boot instal. My sub is smak bang in the middle and fits flush as i took that bar thing outta the boot that goes behind the seats of the rear passengers.

auto acoustics do them- cost 150 quid tho

nice job btw.

E87 118i

Quote: Originally posted by Brum Man on 31 March 2005

That looks very nice, can I ask where the amp is? Have you installed that to fit in with it all?
the amp in under the passanger seat (keep it a secret tho ;) )

I actually chode the 2 channel over a 4 channel merely for the fact that the 4 channel wouldnt fit! And now Im craving the fronts to be amped....catch 22.

must investigate putting in another 2 ch or somethig...