ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new suede roof lining

Clio 1.2
Hi, just though i would show you my roof lining, i did it a while back with a mate who had it in his car but never took a picture up till now, it's not something i have seen much of so i hope you like it.

As of when i clean the inside ill try to get a decent fish eye lens picture of it.

DSCF0768.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

Clio 182
I like it. Would look good, but extreme, if it matched the turquoise seats. Was it easy to do?

Clio 1.2
thanks, seats match the outside and doorcards so its not on the agenda to change them :). it wasnt as difficult as i thought, just tricky getting it flat.

Clio 1.2
i have a smoke machine underneath the air-vents in the front and foam blowers coming out the rear speakers!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive wanted to do mine for moons just always been told it will snap the headlining

Clio 1.2
yeah would look way better without the sunroof, in my friends fiesta its way darker without the sunroof, its the only reason all the other parts are the same colour as before because it's too difficult to wrap the stuff around tidy.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Loads better, my dad's focus ST has a black roof lining and it looks so much nicer in there for it

Clio 1.2
ive wanted to do mine for moons just always been told it will snap the headlining

i can see why people have told you that, i bent mine so much getting it out so i sort of had to finish the job lol, its a nice 'mod' though. no one seems to notice but me but who looks at the roof lol.

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Clio 1.2
thanks for the comments again, ill see if i can get a cool picture of it later, im not usually one to say this but the photo's dont do it justice.

Clio Si 1.6 99'
Looks sweet, better if it matched though obviously.
My Clios had the usual sunroof leak so iv taken the headlining off to do a proper job of it. Taking it off is a little tough cause of the compound used to adhese it to the roof, which is obviously needed so that that the lining stays flush.
What adhesive did you use to stick the lining back? and what one did you use to stick the suede to the fibreglass mould?

cheers

well done! i like the look, its pretty big in the v dub world i think.
ive wanted to do it in the past but im just to lazy to try and get the lining out lol :D