ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New System - Complete Build

DCi
i'm surprised... I've noticed when switching from monitor to TV to play, most games pick up the resolutions that your screen supports as apposed to having a pre-defined list.

Tesla MP3 2021
All this to cool a CPU lol..

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

R26
Just noticed this thread

Nice work on the PC, wish i could afford one as good :dapprove: lol

Most ive ever spent is £1200 and i thought that was dear at the time

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nae bad cooling kit. Only thing is it seems you've got 8/10mm compression - I just had to redo my cooling loop (pump died, so whilst it was in bits I changed the hose and fluid) and if that's the really flexible stuff (Alphacool branded when it arrived) it was much thicker than any 8/10mm I've used previously and it made it difficult to get the compression fitting over the barb.

Other than that, all went well. I used the 2-bay XSPC reservoir/750l/hr pump, but I'm cooling graphics and CPU and plan to re-use this pump when I finally put together my dual GTX295 setup.

Tesla MP3 2021
Just noticed this thread

Nice work on the PC, wish i could afford one as good :dapprove: lol

Most ive ever spent is £1200 and i thought that was dear at the time

Cheers mate.

Yeah I have never spend this much before on a system. Its worth every penny though :)

IIRC the original FEAR was locked by the devs at 1024x768 because it was so cutting edge, they felt that not many systems could it higher :eek:

Tesla MP3 2021
Nae bad cooling kit. Only thing is it seems you've got 8/10mm compression - I just had to redo my cooling loop (pump died, so whilst it was in bits I changed the hose and fluid) and if that's the really flexible stuff (Alphacool branded when it arrived) it was much thicker than any 8/10mm I've used previously and it made it difficult to get the compression fitting over the barb.

Other than that, all went well. I used the 2-bay XSPC reservoir/750l/hr pump, but I'm cooling graphics and CPU and plan to re-use this pump when I finally put together my dual GTX295 setup.

I have gone for Masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing as it was highly recommended. I am using 1/2" barbs so it will be a squeeze but people say that works out better when it comes to leeks etc.

At this stage I really only plan the WC the CPU. Unless I get another 295 then I might have to get a bit more serious ;)

BTW I did alot of research on various WC forums as I didn't have a clue when I started out and all the parts I have bought are highly recommended. Going to start putting it all together at the weekend, cant wait :clown:

Better than yours. C*nt.
I have gone for Masterkleer 7/16" ID 5/8" OD tubing as it was highly recommended. I am using 1/2" barbs so it will be a squeeze but people say that works out better when it comes to leeks etc.

At this stage I really only plan the WC the CPU. Unless I get another 295 then I might have to get a bit more serious ;)

BTW I did alot of research on various WC forums as I didn't have a clue when I started out and all the parts I have bought are highly recommended. Going to start putting it all together at the weekend, cant wait :clown:

Will be a tight squeeze, but yeah - that's what my new rig will be using. Best of luck with it - touch wood I've never had a WC system go wrong (other than the failed pump, which was bizarre as I dismantled the loop to add the GPU back in - pump was working when I took the loop apart, wasn't when I put it back together! Ah well!)

Tesla MP3 2021
Adam, sorry if I missed this but, where are you mounting the rad? Is this all going inside the case?

The rad is going on the back of my case as there is really not enough room inside, I have got a tripple rad. As I am also going to be on a 6 fan push/pull setup on the rad then outside the case is pretty much the best option :)

A4 Avant
I think he'll be plumbing it into his house radiators as well, more than enough cooling for the summer!

Not a Clio
Looks like a cracking set up. I tend to upgrade bits rather than complete builds and go for best bang for buck. Currently waiting on a Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition which should keep me going for another few years, should be arriving on tuesday and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get out of it :)